2014 Off Season Product Reviews

In the land of 10,000 lakes, Minnesota duck hunting is some of the best. Log in and discuss your Minnesota duck hunting experiences.

Moderators: beretta24, commander019

Re: 2014 Off Season Product Reviews

Postby pj » Mon Mar 10, 2014 2:22 pm

You should also be able to return/exchange the Scheels ones without a receipt. My buddy does this almost annually.

I buy Cabelas and keep the box/receipt & exchange as needed.
For every tear a smile.
pj
hunter

Postby Blake1403 » Mon Mar 10, 2014 3:13 pm

Does anyone use bags for B2 goose decoys? I'm looking for 6 slot bags to carry them into fields and store them in. Any help would be appreciated
Blake1403
hunter

Postby Woodrow03 » Mon Mar 10, 2014 4:27 pm

hillbilly.. wrote:
Woodrow03 wrote:
hillbilly.. wrote:Heres what im looking for wader reviews. I bought a pair from scheels didnt even make 2 seasons before leaking. And warmth. The 2 things that will take me out of a hunt are my hands and feet

This one is easy.

Buy Cabelas brand. Save the receipt and box.

Cabelas footwear has a LIFETIME warranty. Even on waders.

Their 1600 super mags are golden.

ive seen some other reviews on these little mixed. some good some bad. told the wife I need 2 pair and she like didn't you just get yours last year said no year before. she just rolled her eyes

This one is easy too.

Tell her you need two pairs. She will roll her eyes. One for her and one for you.

That way when your boy gets older he can use hers.

:lol:
Last edited by Woodrow03 on Mon Mar 10, 2014 4:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"If you are going to win any battle you have to do one thing. You have to make the mind run the body. Never let the body tell the mind what to do. The body is never tired if the mind is not tired."
Woodrow03
hunter

Postby xrated » Mon Mar 10, 2014 4:27 pm

beretta24 wrote:Anyone have a review for a pair of light gloves. Don't have to be water, but they gotta last more than a season.

Look up above I wrote up on a pair. Well worth the 30 bucks IMO.
xrated
hunter

Postby beretta24 » Mon Mar 10, 2014 8:06 pm

xrated wrote:
beretta24 wrote:Anyone have a review for a pair of light gloves. Don't have to be water, but they gotta last more than a season.

Aren't those thicker?
beretta24
State Moderator

Postby xrated » Mon Mar 10, 2014 10:39 pm

beretta24 wrote:
xrated wrote:

Aren't those thicker?

Not much thicker then a motorcross glove or maybe along the lines of a insulated mechanix glove.

I will snap a picture when I get home this morning.
xrated
hunter

Postby chasing the GREEN » Tue Mar 11, 2014 12:00 pm

They are overpriced but I bought a pair of under armor gloves from scheels - they have different thicknesses to pick from when I got them, I personally love them. not completely water proof but they are resistant. I have bad circulation in my fingers and typically stay pretty warm in them for how thick they are. they hold up to abuse great so far. Down side - under armor is way over priced thank God for gift cards!
chasing the GREEN
hunter

Postby MinneKans » Tue Mar 11, 2014 12:07 pm

Under Armout Outlet is the bomb. Discontinued or excess items sold at a discount. Typically free shipping.
MinneKans
hunter

Postby xrated » Tue Mar 11, 2014 2:43 pm

chasing the GREEN wrote:

They are overpriced but I bought a pair of under armor gloves from scheels - they have different thicknesses to pick from when I got them, I personally love them. not completely water proof but they are resistant. I have bad circulation in my fingers and typically stay pretty warm in them for how thick they are. they hold up to abuse great so far. Down side - under armor is way over priced thank God for gift cards!

I honestly looked at UA gloves but after getting a enduro style shell coat with WindStopper I was sold on that stuff. 50 degrees outside road to the gas station to fill up the street bike and I could feel wind resistance but no wind chill.
xrated
hunter

Postby Woodrow03 » Tue Mar 11, 2014 4:29 pm

Rogers Mojo bag.
Best 32$ spent.

Hold two Mojo's. Wings protected in center pouch.

Stakes fit in sliders on side of bag.
Two external zippered pouches for extra batteries..
"If you are going to win any battle you have to do one thing. You have to make the mind run the body. Never let the body tell the mind what to do. The body is never tired if the mind is not tired."
Woodrow03
hunter

Postby dgram36 » Tue Mar 11, 2014 4:39 pm

Blake1403 wrote:Does anyone use bags for B2 goose decoys? I'm looking for 6 slot bags to carry them into fields and store them in. Any help would be appreciated

The rig em right XL6 bags fit the B2s perfect. Little pricey but they are well built. Had half a dozen fall off the truck going 65 and nothing happened to the decoys besides one head popping off. Popped the head back on and kept driving.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
dgram36
hunter

Postby xrated » Tue Mar 11, 2014 5:07 pm

Here ya go berreta. A couple pics comparing them to motocross gloves and then I put the calipers on em for ya. Assuming I used them correctly, I'm no engineer. ImageImageImageImageImage

xrated
hunter

Postby doubletheshovel » Tue Mar 11, 2014 8:46 pm

I bought a pair of seirus all weather from gander mountain for 20 bucks for camo ones they are on sale they say they are wind and water proof we will see but they are thinner. Beretta I bought them cuz I was looking for a good pair of thinner gloves so I will let you know how they are.
Everyday I'm Shovelin'
doubletheshovel
hunter

Postby beretta24 » Tue Mar 11, 2014 9:13 pm

xrated wrote:Here ya go berreta. A couple pics comparing them to motocross gloves and then I put the calipers on em for ya. Assuming I used them correctly, I'm no engineer. ImageImageImageImageImage

NERD!!!!!!

I like your style. Something to think about. I haven't bought a light pair that lasted more than a season in years. I have strangely long thumbs though so I think that's part of the issue.
beretta24
State Moderator

Postby xrated » Tue Mar 11, 2014 10:32 pm

These seem to be holding up as far as seams go, etc. I do notice they must have a bit of a pre curve built in as when my hands are resting they fit just right, but when I straighten out my fingers the material pulls and gets almost to tight. But I could just have hands that are to small for the next size and at the max range of whatever size these are. I'd guess mediums.

As for the nerd, well lets just say I was glad the wife wasn't around when I did that...she often thinks my great ideas are shall we say "stupid"

You can see on the first picture how the textured grippy stuff wore right off. That is my only real complaint.
xrated
hunter

Postby Blake1403 » Wed Mar 12, 2014 3:04 pm

dgram36 wrote:
Blake1403 wrote:Does anyone use bags for B2 goose decoys? I'm looking for 6 slot bags to carry them into fields and store them in. Any help would be appreciated

The rig em right XL6 bags fit the B2s perfect. Little pricey but they are well built. Had half a dozen fall off the truck going 65 and nothing happened to the decoys besides one head popping off. Popped the head back on and kept driving.

Ok thanks. Ill check them out
Blake1403
hunter

Postby Blake1403 » Wed Mar 12, 2014 3:14 pm

Blake1403 wrote:
dgram36 wrote:

http://www.rigemright.com/shop/decoy-ba ... y-bag.html is that the bag? And do you know any stores that would carry them like gander or cabelas?
Blake1403
hunter

Postby StuStiltman » Wed Mar 12, 2014 3:42 pm

[quote=
I like your style. Something to think about. I haven't bought a light pair that lasted more than a season in years. I have strangely long thumbs though so I think that's part of the issue.[/quote]

You'll be lucky to get a pair to last longer than a weekend with the new pup running around lol.
StuStiltman
hunter

Postby mutthunt » Sun Mar 16, 2014 2:28 am

http://www.gandermountain.com/modperl/p ... viewHeader

For keeping it lightweight/legal on state lands, what is your guys opinion on these? Or their Mojo cousin.
“If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went.” - Will Rogers
mutthunt
hunter

Postby dgram36 » Sun Mar 16, 2014 7:50 pm

Blake1403 wrote:
Blake1403 wrote:
dgram36 wrote:

http://www.rigemright.com/shop/decoy-ba ... y-bag.html is that the bag? And do you know any stores that would carry them like gander or cabelas?

Yes that is them. I think I ordered mine from Mack's prairie wing. Cabelas prob has them online as well.

dgram36
hunter

Postby beretta24 » Mon Mar 17, 2014 10:44 am

mutthunt wrote:http://www.gandermountain.com/modperl/product/details.cgi?pdesc=Lucky-Duck-Air-Lucky-Decoy&i=400492#ReviewHeader

For keeping it lightweight/legal on state lands, what is your guys opinion on these? Or their Mojo cousin.

Last one I tried needed a lot of wind or you got a one wing wonder.
beretta24
State Moderator

Postby StuStiltman » Mon Mar 17, 2014 6:36 pm

beretta24 wrote:
mutthunt wrote:http://www.gandermountain.com/modperl/product/details.cgi?pdesc=Lucky-Duck-Air-Lucky-Decoy&i=400492#ReviewHeader

Last one I tried needed a lot of wind or you got a one wing wonder.

Windducks work well, I think you can only get them off of the internet.
StuStiltman
hunter

Postby 2thepoint » Mon Mar 17, 2014 7:55 pm

Woodrow03 wrote:Rogers Mojo bag.
Best 32$ spent.

Hold two Mojo's. Wings protected in center pouch.

Stakes fit in sliders on side of bag.
Two external zippered pouches for extra batteries..

Every item you review on here is exactly what I am looking for. I need a couple bags for the mojos and couldn't decide but these look perfect.
May I be half the man my bird dog thinks I am.

Impulse Outdoors on Facebook
2thepoint
hunter

Postby Woodrow03 » Tue Mar 18, 2014 9:29 am

+
Last edited by Woodrow03 on Tue Mar 18, 2014 9:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
Woodrow03
hunter

Postby goldfish » Tue Mar 18, 2014 9:29 am

This is for ice fishing, but we have to do something once the water turns hard:
Hard sided ice fishing rod holder off Amazon for $38. Plastic feels like it could be stronger, but it'll be better than my soft sided one that I currently have which barely holds 2 rods.

Sent from a phancy fone
Attachments
uploadfromtaptalk1395156564132.jpg
If you are having a bad day, just remember...

Someone has Snooki as a mom
goldfish
hunter

PreviousNext

Return to Minnesota Duck Hunting