Hillbilly's Journal

In the land of 10,000 lakes, Minnesota duck hunting is some of the best. Log in and discuss your Minnesota duck hunting experiences.

Moderators: beretta24, commander019

Re: Hillbilly's Journal

Postby hillbilly.. » Mon Jun 23, 2014 9:34 am

Shop was cool got to watch them pound a few calls out. .. little intimidating calling in front of Rick but booster when he said not bad gotta couple tips on how to do that dang bouncing hen
hillbilly..
hunter

Postby Gunnysway » Mon Jun 23, 2014 10:38 am

I've met Rick once. He was a great guy with a great accent... I'd buy just about anything from him...

Guess I'm a sucker... :lol3:
Setting up meetings between geese and God since 1992...

Gud till ära, oss till gagn...
Gunnysway
hunter

Postby hillbilly.. » Wed Jun 25, 2014 1:58 pm

Kenneth shot his first peigon. Today on the fly with a 20 gauge. First shot also.. the 410 is just little long for him and front heavy so I asked you wanta shoot the 20 he said not really....I tryed him on it last year later in the season. And the duck loads were a little hot for him so I tryed a trap load same thing so I put away for rest of season. But today I thing he shot darn near a box. Now I see myself gona be looking for a youth 870. Now he'll really be able to step up his game this fall on those ducks...

0625141252d-1.jpg
hillbilly..
hunter

Postby Roostbuster » Wed Jun 25, 2014 3:09 pm

hillbilly.. wrote:Kenneth shot his first peigon. Today on the fly with a 20 gauge. First shot also.. the 410 is just little long for him and front heavy so I asked you wanta shoot the 20 he said not really....I tryed him on it last year later in the season. And the duck loads were a little hot for him so I tryed a trap load same thing so I put away for rest of season. But today I thing he shot darn near a box. Now I see myself gona be looking for a youth 870. Now he'll really be able to step up his game this fall on those ducks...

Did you eat those for lunch? Farm raised pigeon is better eating than any duck.
Hi. I bust roosts.
Roostbuster
hunter

Postby hillbilly.. » Wed Jun 25, 2014 3:17 pm

More free range lol bounce from farm to farm and this was there last stop. No these I didn't eat but yes peigons are good to eat.
hillbilly..
hunter

Postby mutthunt » Wed Jun 25, 2014 3:37 pm

Well done Kenneth! Pigeons aren't an easy bird to shoot!

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk
Last edited by mutthunt on Thu Jun 26, 2014 4:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
“If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went.” - Will Rogers
mutthunt
hunter

Postby StuStiltman » Wed Jun 25, 2014 6:32 pm

hillbilly.. wrote:Kenneth shot his first peigon. Today on the fly with a 20 gauge. First shot also.. the 410 is just little long for him and front heavy so I asked you wanta shoot the 20 he said not really....I tryed him on it last year later in the season. And the duck loads were a little hot for him so I tryed a trap load same thing so I put away for rest of season. But today I thing he shot darn near a box. Now I see myself gona be looking for a youth 870. Now he'll really be able to step up his game this fall on those ducks...

0625141252d-1.jpg

Nice picture and story, only thing that would make it better would be Amos getting the retrieve!! Looking forward to hearing about that this fall.
StuStiltman
hunter

Location: kinda between Fergus, DL and lawndale. draw a triangle on a map, I'm in there

Postby Roostbuster » Wed Jun 25, 2014 10:01 pm

hillbilly.. wrote:More free range lol bounce from farm to farm and this was there last stop. No these I didn't eat but yes peigons are good to eat.

So what happens to them if they aren't eaten?
Hi. I bust roosts.
Roostbuster
hunter

Postby hillbilly.. » Thu Jun 26, 2014 12:44 pm

Feed them to the farm cats..
hillbilly..
hunter

Postby Roostbuster » Thu Jun 26, 2014 2:57 pm

Thats to bad. I hope the kid isn't being taught that.
Hi. I bust roosts.
Roostbuster
hunter

Postby Gunnysway » Thu Jun 26, 2014 4:04 pm

That's too bad you feel too bad... I'll send all my crows and coyotes to you to plate up and chow down on...

Gunnysway
hunter

Postby hillbilly.. » Thu Jun 26, 2014 4:20 pm

You teach your kids your way and I'll continue to teach mine the way I have been.. because I think shooting a few peigons and not eating them is the least of life's lessons I need to be worrying about teaching them. ...Your also telling me you've never shot anything you haven't eating???? So if you want to debate on my no netting sticker on my boat or the way I raise my kids then let's debate..
hillbilly..
hunter

Postby StuStiltman » Thu Jun 26, 2014 6:16 pm

Gunnysway wrote:That's too bad you feel too bad... I'll send all my crows and coyotes to you to plate up and chow down on...

He can have my pocket gophers too. Hillbilly, he isn't interested in debating anything, just wants to take shots at guys. Keep the pics and stories coming, I enjoy reading them. Anyone who doesn't should feel free to scroll right on past them.
StuStiltman
hunter

Location: kinda between Fergus, DL and lawndale. draw a triangle on a map, I'm in there

Postby mutthunt » Thu Jun 26, 2014 8:13 pm

That's dudes a troll. The interwebs full of guys like him. No point in acknowledging his presence.
“If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went.” - Will Rogers
mutthunt
hunter

Postby zee-unit » Thu Jun 26, 2014 8:50 pm

Seriously. Almost every post he makes is just a statement to stir the pot.
zee-unit
hunter

Postby xrated » Fri Jun 27, 2014 4:02 am

My question is what eats the cats after you shoot them :wink:

Good luck on the 870 youth search hillbilly! I have a standing purchase order for my dads if he ever wants to sell it. Man that thing is a nice little grouse gun.
Run What Ya Brung
xrated
hunter

Postby Gunnysway » Fri Jun 27, 2014 4:58 am

[quote="xrated"]My question is what eats the cats after you shoot them :wink:

Apparently people fond of busting roosts...? :grooving: :lol3

Gunnysway
hunter

Postby OGblackcloud » Fri Jun 27, 2014 8:59 am

Roostbuster wrote:Thats to bad. I hope the kid isn't being taught that.

What a name and an :censored: hole to boot :thumbsup:
OGblackcloud
hunter

Postby Gunnysway » Fri Jun 27, 2014 9:10 am

"He's a font of misplaced rage. Name your cliché; Mother held him too much or not enough, last picked at kickball, late night sneaky uncle, whatever. Now he's so angry moments of levity actually cause him pain; gives him headaches. Happiness, for that gentleman, hurts."

Gunnysway
hunter

Postby Roostbuster » Wed Jul 02, 2014 9:30 pm

Hahaha nice shots guys. Good effort from each of you.

I remember the days when we used to teach respect for all the animals we hunt. It's no wonder the number of hunters is dwindling. No one used to brag to the public about shooting things and throwing them in the ditch, now it's common place. Being lumped into the same group (hunters) as people who do this type of thing and brag about it has made being a hunter borderline embarrassing.
Hi. I bust roosts.
Roostbuster
hunter

Postby Roostbuster » Wed Jul 02, 2014 9:42 pm

StuStiltman wrote:
Gunnysway wrote:That's too bad you feel too bad... I'll send all my crows and coyotes to you to plate up and chow down on...

He can have my pocket gophers too. Hillbilly, he isn't interested in debating anything, just wants to take shots at guys. Keep the pics and stories coming, I enjoy reading them. Anyone who doesn't should feel free to scroll right on past them.

Yes, I would like to see a debate about the view the non-hunting public has of people who shot stuff just to kill it and throw it in the ditch.

What's your take on it stu? Do you think throwing stuff you kill in the ditch is a good thing or a bad thing? How many ducks did you throw in the ditch last year?
Hi. I bust roosts.
Roostbuster
hunter

Postby mutthunt » Wed Jul 02, 2014 10:45 pm

mutthunt wrote:That's dudes a troll. The interwebs full of guys like him. No point in acknowledging his presence.
mutthunt
hunter

Postby Gunnysway » Thu Jul 03, 2014 4:12 am

Roostbuster wrote:Hahaha nice shots guys. Good effort from each of you.

I remember the days when we used to teach respect for all the animals we hunt. It's no wonder the number of hunters is dwindling. No one used to brag to the public about shooting things and throwing them in the ditch, now it's common place. Being lumped into the same group (hunters) as people who do this type of thing and brag about it has made being a hunter borderline embarrassing.

Ripping on know it all trolls really doesn't take much effort. Not nearly as much as being " that guy" on a state forum that everybody gets along... well... almost everybody...

Continue your "holier than thou, I'm better than you" rants little fella'. Pretty sure, and I won't speak the rest of the guys here, but I won't lose any sleep over what you think is right or wrong. Like I said. Tell me where you want me to drop off the yotes, crows, feral cats, etc.... How do you eat your crow? Marinade? How 'bout prairie dogs? Dry rub?

Actually, I don't care how you prepare nuisance game species...

http://allstateanimalcontrol.com/animal ... _faq.php#3
http://definitions.uslegal.com/n/nongam ... -wildlife/
http://www.dnr.state.mn.us/livingwith_w ... aking.html
https://www.revisor.leg.state.mn.us/sta ... id=97B.651
https://www.revisor.leg.state.mn.us/sta ... id=97B.655

Yawn... :rolleyes:

You have a problem with it, change the law...

Until then...
Get back under your bridge trollie troll troll...

Gunnysway
hunter

Postby Roostbuster » Thu Jul 03, 2014 10:35 am

Gunnysway wrote:
Roostbuster wrote:Hahaha nice shots guys. Good effort from each of you.

Ripping on know it all trolls really doesn't take much effort. Not nearly as much as being " that guy" on a state forum that everybody gets along... well... almost everybody...

Continue your "holier than thou, I'm better than you" rants little fella'. Pretty sure, and I won't speak the rest of the guys here, but I won't lose any sleep over what you think is right or wrong. Like I said. Tell me where you want me to drop off the yotes, crows, feral cats, etc.... How do you eat your crow? Marinade? How 'bout prairie dogs? Dry rub?

Actually, I don't care how you prepare nuisance game species...

http://allstateanimalcontrol.com/animal ... _faq.php#3
http://definitions.uslegal.com/n/nongam ... -wildlife/
http://www.dnr.state.mn.us/livingwith_w ... aking.html
https://www.revisor.leg.state.mn.us/sta ... id=97B.651
https://www.revisor.leg.state.mn.us/sta ... id=97B.655

Yawn... :rolleyes:

You have a problem with it, change the law...

Until then...
Get back under your bridge trollie troll troll...

I really do appreciate the offer, but I shoot enough of my own food to last me the year, I don't need any of yours. Thanks anyways.
Hi. I bust roosts.
Roostbuster
hunter

Postby Gunnysway » Thu Jul 03, 2014 11:26 am

Ummmm...

Good one...? :huh:

Gunnysway
hunter

PreviousNext

Return to Minnesota Duck Hunting