!!!!! NEED YOUR HELP !!!!!!!

In the land of 10,000 lakes, Minnesota duck hunting is some of the best. Log in and discuss your Minnesota duck hunting experiences.

Moderators: commander019, beretta24

!!!!! NEED YOUR HELP !!!!!!!

Postby h2ofwlr » Sun May 01, 2005 11:42 am

Legislative Alert
This is THE single most important thing you can do to institute changes in the handling of outr natural resources in MN as a sportsman.

Please call your legislator and follow it up with an e-mail as we need to generate some noise guys - it's in your hands. If you can, come on down to the Capital and help us pack the hearing room. Also- notice the agenda, do not come at 6 pm, I'd say closer to 8pm as there are 2 other bills up for consideration first.

As you might now know, the House Ways and Means hearing on the House Environment Finance bill (which contains the Governor’s LCMR reform provision and the CWLA) It has now been re-scheduled for Monday. Details below:

MONDAY, May 2, 2005
6:00 PM
Committee: Ways and Means
Room: 200 State Office Building
Chair: Rep. Jim Knoblach
Agenda: HF872 (Sykora) Omnibus education bill
HF1420 (Ozment) Omnibus agriculture bill
HF902 (Ozment) Omnibus environment and natural resources bill

Guys,
HF 902 is the Omnibus Environment and Natural Resources bill---it includes both the Clean Water Legacy act and the LCMR reforms. They BOTH need to get passed intact in this bill. They are 2 crucial corner stones for turning around the way we manage our resources here in MN and are 2 of the 4 main components of the Rally last month. I would write/call in support of both the CWLA and of the LCMR reform in HF 902. ESPECIALLY if your local rep is listed below, PLEASE take the time to email/call them and ask them to support these 2 items. This is a big hearing guys, as this hearing is CRUCIAL for these 2 things we sportsmen have been trying to get passed this spring.

Guys, I would write/call in support of both the LCMR reform and of the CWLA. You can be of help--grass roots support is how things will get done. Call/email these members below. ALSO email your friends a copy of the info posted here to them, so they can be involved too!

If you wants details, click this link. http://ww3.house.leg.state.mn.us/hrd/bs/84/HF0902.html
Article 4 at bottom of page is the CLWA. Sections 129-131 is the LCMR reform which creates the "Minnesota Conservation Heritage Council of 11 citizens" to replace the LCMR (legislators).

HF902
House Authors Ozment
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Short Description Omnibus environment and natural resources bill appropriating money for environmental and natural resources purposes, establishing programs, providing reorganization and regulation, and creating the Clean Water Legacy Act.

Members of the Ways and Means Comm.

Name, Phone Number(651) area code ,E-mail Address
Chair: Jim Knoblach (R) 296-6316 rep.jim.knoblach@house.mn
Vice Chair: Jerry Dempsey (R) 296-8635 rep.jerry.dempsey@house.mn
Lead-DFL: Loren Solberg (DFL) 296-2365 rep.loren.solberg@house.mn
Jim Abeler (R) 296-1729 rep.jim.abeler@house.mn
Ron Abrams (R) 296-9934 rep.ron.abrams@house.mn
Irv Anderson (DFL) 296-4936 rep.irv.anderson@house.mn
Michael Beard (R) 296-8872 rep.mike.beard@house.mn
Fran Bradley (R) 296-9249 rep.fran.bradley@house.mn
Mark Buesgens (R) 296-5185 rep.mark.buesgens@house.mn
Lyndon Carlson (DFL) 296-4255 rep.lyndon.carlson@house.mn
Karen Clark (DFL) 296-0294 rep.karen.clark@house.mn
Dan Dorman (R) 296-8216 rep.dan.dorman@house.mn
John Dorn (DFL) 296-3248 rep.john.dorn@house.mn
Ron Erhardt (R) 296-4363 rep.ron.erhardt@house.mn
Mindy Greiling (DFL) 296-5387 rep.mindy.greiling@house.mn
Bob Gunther (R) 296-3240 rep.bob.gunther@house.mn
Rod Hamilton (R) 296-5373 rep.rod.hamilton@house.mn
Bill Hilty (DFL) 296-4308 rep.bill.hilty@house.mn
Mary Liz Holberg (R) 296-6926 rep.maryliz.holberg@house.mn
Thomas Huntley (DFL) 296-2228 rep.thomas.huntley@house.mn
Margaret Anderson Kelliher (DFL) 296-0171 rep.margaret.kelliher@house.mn
Karen Klinzing (R) 296-1147 rep.karen.klinzing@house.mn
Philip Krinkie (R) 296-2907 rep.phil.krinkie@house.mn
Dan Larson (DFL) 296-7158 rep.dan.larson@house.mn
Carlos Mariani (DFL) 296-9714 rep.carlos.mariani@house.mn
Denny McNamara (R) 296-3135 rep.denny.mcnamara@house.mn
Bud Nornes (R) 296-4946 rep.bud.nornes@house.mn
Mary Ellen Otremba (DFL) 296-3201 rep.maryellen.otremba@house.mn
Dennis Ozment (R) 296-4306 rep.dennis.ozment@house.mn
Michael Paymar (DFL) 296-4199 rep.michael.paymar@house.mn
Tom Rukavina (DFL) 296-0170 rep.tom.rukavina@house.mn
Connie Ruth (R) 296-5368 rep.connie.ruth@house.mn
Marty Seifert (R) 296-5374 rep.marty.seifert@house.mn
Steve Smith (R) 296-9188 rep.steve.smith@house.mn
Barb Sykora (R) 296-4315 rep.barb.sykora@house.mn
Ray Vandeveer (R) 296-4124 rep.ray.vandeveer@house.mn
Jean Wagenius (DFL) 296-4200 rep.jean.wagenius@house.mn
Neva Walker (DFL) 296-7152 rep.neva.walker@house.mn

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

When I wrote, you'll notice that it is short, to the point, and polite. It took me a 1/2 hr to email all 38 members of the committee. I clicked the eaddy above, and then I cut and pasted the 1st message (including subject) I sent from the "sent box" to the new email and then just changed the name of the Rep. and then hit send and kept doing it for the other 36 members.

Please feel free to use it when contacting the Reps above.

Also if you happen live in their District--start the subject line with: "I live in your district" they indeed will give it much extra consideration to your view point!

Here is what wrote to the Reps.:

Subject line: HF 902, LCMR reform and CWLA

Dear Rep (fill in name)

I whole heartedly support these provisions of the CWLA (article 4) and the LCMR reform (Sections 129-131, citizens oversight/control of MCHC) within the Omnibus Environmental and Natural Resources bill HF 902.

Please vote FOR these provisions within the bill.

I also am in favor of increased funding for sections 2 (PCA), 3 (DNR), 5 (BWSR), and 10 (LCMR) to be increased by 10% each within the current hf 902 to fully fund these areas of need within MN. Please consider increasing the funding of these financially gutted agencies.

Thank you for your consideration of these matters within hf 902.

Sincerely,

Full Name
Full Address
Tele number
Email addy.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

You will notice the second paragraph also hits on INCREASING the funding for the 4 key areas in this bill, it is a proactive strike so that maybe they will increase the funding a small percentage(10% will not happen, but is used as a way to convey my sentiments), but more importantly it signals to them to not to cut the funding further but to increase it.
The Audacity of Bull Crap.
"Typical: Gun-loving, bitter bible-thumping white person" Barack Obama.
Hey I resemble that comment!!! Those are FIGHTING WORDS!!!
h2ofwlr
Forum & State Moderator

Postby h2ofwlr » Wed May 11, 2005 2:57 pm

It passed out of the comm last week.

The main thing you can still do is to contact your legislator if you have not done so already and recontact them again if you already done so earlier and tell them to pass and fund environment bills at a minimum of 2% of the total state budget.

Write a letter or call your 2 legislators

You can find your 2 legislators (1 Senator and 1 Representative) using this link www.leg.state.mn.us/leg/Districtfinder.asp

Please copy and relay this to all of your hunting, fishing, environmental, family and friends, and such and ask that they also contact thier legislators and pass it on too.

Here is an example of a letter for the legislators, just change a couple of things to personalize it.

Dear __________,

I live in your district and want to convey to you how important some of envirnmental issues are for me that are up for consideration in the legislature. They are:

-The state to spend 2% OF THE TOTAL BUDGET ON ENVIRONMENTAL EG: DNR, PCA, RIM, etc...

-The MN Clean Water Legacy Act which would raise $80million a year to clean up our waters.

-Dedicating 1/4 of 1% of our sales tax for our natural resources here in MN and that a citizens board over sees it.

-That the LCMR be overhauled and rolled into the same citizens board as the above to remove all "polictics" from the process.

-$20million + per year for our Wildlife Management Areas.

I sincerely urge you to support the above too by voting for and helping get the above legistalation passed that would make them into laws which would benefit ALL of the MN citizens.

Thank you for your attention to these matters that I strongly support.

Sincerely,

Full name
Full address
phone

If you send an email--in the subject line--add, "I live in your district" that gets their attention! Bottom line is contact them!

If emailing--also CC a copy to the leadership of Speaker of the House Sviggum and Sen Majority Leader Dean Johnson so they know the legislators are getting pressured.

So please take 15 minutes of your time to make a diffenrence! It is the #1 thing you can do to help to get things changed for the MN outdoors!
The Audacity of Bull Crap.
"Typical: Gun-loving, bitter bible-thumping white person" Barack Obama.
Hey I resemble that comment!!! Those are FIGHTING WORDS!!!
h2ofwlr
Forum & State Moderator

Return to Minnesota Duck Hunting