Legislative wrap up on conservation - its ugly :pissed:

In the land of 10,000 lakes, Minnesota duck hunting is some of the best. Log in and discuss your Minnesota duck hunting experiences.

Moderators: beretta24, commander019

Legislative wrap up on conservation - its ugly :pissed:

Postby h2ofwlr » Fri Jul 01, 2005 6:46 am

I'll say it loud and clear--Sen Dean Johnson and his DFL cohorts have screwed the sportsmen of MN this year in the legislature.

I received this from my Rep, one of the good guys that is championing changes that we are after.

Dear Alan,

Tonight the Governor passed the omnibus environment bill. CWA didn't make it into the bill, but we can still bring it up next year and get it onto the ballot next fall. Same situation for dedicated funding.

I do have some good news. A limited version of LCMR reform did pass. I supported the Governor's reform proposal, and don't love the version that passed, but it is a good step in the right direction.

Thanks for writing.

Regards,

Joe

Joe Hoppe
State Representative
House District 34B

:pissed: There you have it--the DFL has thwarted all efforts for meaningful reforms. The next time I hear a MN democrat saying they support the conservation/environmment, I think I'll punch his lights out so he comes to his senses. The Democrats are THE biggest traitors to conservation I been ever seen!
:pissed: :pissed: :pissed:
The Audacity of Bull Crap.
"Typical: Gun-loving, bitter bible-thumping white person" Barack Obama.
Hey I resemble that comment!!! Those are FIGHTING WORDS!!!
h2ofwlr
Forum & State Moderator

Postby h2ofwlr » Fri Jul 01, 2005 3:41 pm

I asked Rep Hoppe what exactly was the compromise on the LCMR reform, this was his response.

Dear Alan,

I think that the LCMR will be reformed, whether it is the coming year or the year after remains to be seen. There was a letter in the most recent Outdoor News from Rep. Kathy Tinglestad, the new chair of the LCMR, saying that there will be change.

There will be a task force set up to come up with the best way to change the LCMR. By next February, the task force has to report to the governor and legislature its recommendations on how the commission should be reformed. Not exactly the governor's original plan, but a step in the right direction.

Thanks for caring about these issues.

Joe

~~~~~~~~~~

I do not trust Tingelstad, she siad 4 months ago "over my dead body" about the LCMR reform since she was the upcoming Chair (and is now chair as of tofay July 1) . I do not trust her. By the way--she is a Republican--as you can see, I go after anybody that stands in the way of meaningful reforms for MN conservation :yes:
The Audacity of Bull Crap.
"Typical: Gun-loving, bitter bible-thumping white person" Barack Obama.
Hey I resemble that comment!!! Those are FIGHTING WORDS!!!
h2ofwlr
Forum & State Moderator

Return to Minnesota Duck Hunting