" New" Birds...

Duck hunting in Mississippi is like no other. Learn why Mississippi Delta duck hunting is what we like to do best.

Moderator: Cephous

" New" Birds...

Postby Ducksbeus » Thu Oct 20, 2005 4:52 pm

Saw some mallards today...Man...we need some rain, but, my area is pumped, might help me if its dry. Y'all seeing any yet ???

:hammering: :hammering: :hammering: :hammering: :hammering:
"You get what you put in, and people get what they deserve" Hank Jr. and Kid Rock
Ducksbeus
hunter

Postby Cephous » Fri Oct 21, 2005 12:56 pm

Hate to say this but I haven't had a chance to get out and look yet. :thumbsdown:
There's a reason it's called huntin' and fishin' instead of killin' and catchin'
Cephous
State Moderator

Postby Greenhead fan » Sat Oct 22, 2005 10:17 pm

Talked with a friend in AR today and they have seen some mallards in the last few days starting to come in around Stuttgart.
:mrgreen:
IT AIN'T BRAGGIN IF YOU CAN DO IT!
Greenhead fan
hunter

Postby Ducksbeus » Mon Oct 24, 2005 4:14 pm

Twice as many in the same hole this morning...bootlips, greys, teal and mallards from what I could see :yes: :yes: :yes:
"You get what you put in, and people get what they deserve" Hank Jr. and Kid Rock
Ducksbeus
hunter

Postby Cephous » Tue Oct 25, 2005 10:58 am

This weather is great! Makes me ready to shoot some ducks. I have to make time to do some scouting where I hunt and see if there is any water.
There's a reason it's called huntin' and fishin' instead of killin' and catchin'
Cephous
State Moderator

Postby IBBoykin » Tue Oct 25, 2005 11:52 am

Cephous, I am with you, I have not found the time to make it out myself. I need to be scouting my normal goose field to see if they have started coming in yet.
Breeding and Training Boykin Spaniels, a True American Gundog
IBBoykin
hunter

Postby Ducksbeus » Tue Oct 25, 2005 12:05 pm

I havnt seen any geese yet...just the locals... Most all potholes are dry....wheres the freakin rain been???? Seeing birds in one wet spot... behind the NO HUNTING sign :yes: :yes: :yes:
Ducksbeus
hunter

Postby Cephous » Tue Oct 25, 2005 12:15 pm

I need to get out and check my spot to see if there is any water.
Cephous
State Moderator

Postby IBBoykin » Wed Oct 26, 2005 12:43 pm

Tell me about the ground being dry. My wife's dog passed away yesterday and I had to dig the grave. The durn red clay was dry and hard as a brick bat. If it had not been for the pick ax, a shovel would not have gotten the job done.
The main hole I hunt is pumped also, unless mother nature comes along and fills it up first.
This is wild though. Think about it. Last year, every little wagon rut in 250 mile radius was holding water from all the rain, this year, it is the 180 degrees different. Last year, all the water affected us. We did have a lot of ducks, it is just that they were all spread out all over the place. So it could be a good thing.
IBBoykin
hunter

Postby Cephous » Wed Oct 26, 2005 12:55 pm

I would like to be able to wade where I hunt for a change. Has been several years since I could do that and it narrows the ducks down when the water is out of it.
Cephous
State Moderator

Postby IBBoykin » Mon Oct 31, 2005 1:28 pm

I spent the weekend out at Wildrose Kennels here in Oxford. Discussed this very topic of water with numerous hunters that were there. All seemed to be in accordance with the fact that with the lack of water providing greater concentration of ducks.
IBBoykin
hunter

Postby Ducksbeus » Mon Oct 31, 2005 2:43 pm

Man...this spot was covered up today....looks like sum coots made it down as well..."they" are calling for rain Tuesday :thumbsup: I am sooooo ready ta wax a few :cool: :cool: :cool:
Ducksbeus
hunter

Return to Mississippi Duck Hunting