Muscadine and Howard Miller

Duck hunting in Mississippi is like no other. Learn why Mississippi Delta duck hunting is what we like to do best.

Moderator: Cephous

Muscadine and Howard Miller

Postby dawg4life73 » Fri Nov 06, 2009 1:31 am

How are yall doin...I got drawn for Muscadine and Howard Miller a day apart I was just wonderin if anyone has had experince with hunting in either of these places. If so I was just wonderin what kinda set up they got land wise and what kinda ducks they usually hold. Any help is greatly appreciated. Dont get me wrong I'm not tryin to scout on the internet or get the heavily guarded GPS location of your spot...Just some general knowledge
Quak em, Wack em, and Stak em
dawg4life73
hunter

Re: Muscadine and Howard Miller

Postby duckinkrazy01 » Fri Nov 06, 2009 12:53 pm

I dont know much about muscadine but Howard Miller has some great hunting with all types of birds on it. I hunted it several times last season with great success. Hit me up if you would like an extra gun. Id love to go back
duckinkrazy01
hunter

Postby CutEmMS » Fri Nov 06, 2009 11:33 pm

Howard Miller put up some good numbers last season. It should be a good hunt.
CutEmMS
hunter

Postby psychogoc » Sun Nov 08, 2009 7:42 pm

+1 on the Howard Miller hunting last season. We got drawn for Muscadine last year, mid season, and it was LOADED with birds...then, about 10 min. before shooting time, all you could hear was the whistling of wings....When I got to go to HM with some buddies, we did really well. Not much cover there, layout blind is really helpful.

We got drawn for Musc. opening wknd, and HM the 5th of Dec. Don't know if they're will be too many ducks down this way by then, but we were just thankful to have gotten drawn! Good luck!
My eyebrows ain't plucked, there's a gun in my truck, oh thank God....I'm still a guy!
psychogoc
hunter

Postby mw46 » Sun Nov 08, 2009 11:28 pm

Have they released the draws already? me or nobody else has gotten an email yet but the mdwfp website says theyre not completed yet,maybe we're just unlucky? :sad:
The coot fighter
mw46
hunter

Postby duckinkrazy01 » Mon Nov 09, 2009 2:19 am

Yes the draws have been completed. If you put in for more than 3 wma's then you were automatically DQed from the draw. I think Kevin from the MDWF said something like 140 people were DQed this year. MYself included. I didnt readt the rules on that clearly :mad: Now my hopes are that some may let me tag along with them this year. Had great hunts at howard miller last year. Will be going as a stand by on a few days
duckinkrazy01
hunter

Postby mw46 » Mon Nov 09, 2009 6:36 pm

:fingerhead: I did put in for a deer hunt,wonder if that counted against me? Anyway,wasnt picked regardless,I might make a trip to mahannah to get on standby but 2 1/2 hours is a looong way to go if your not picked
The coot fighter
mw46
hunter

Return to Mississippi Duck Hunting