Early Season Dates Released

Duck hunting in Mississippi is like no other. Learn why Mississippi Delta duck hunting is what we like to do best.

Moderator: Cephous

Early Season Dates Released

Postby CutEmMS » Sun Jul 25, 2010 12:06 am

The North Dove Zone will have 3 season segments: September 4th – September 26th, October 9th – November 3rd, and December 26th – January 15th. The North Dove Zone is defined as areas north of U.S. Hwy. 84, plus areas south of U.S. Hwy. 84 and west of MS Hwy. 35. The daily bag limit is 15 birds, and the possession limit is 30 birds.

The South Dove Zone will also have 3 season segments: September 4th – September 12th, October 9th – November 4th, and December 13th – January 15th. The South Dove Zone is defined as areas south of U.S. Hwy. 84 and east of MS Hwy. 35. The daily bag limit is 15 birds, and the possession limit is 30 birds.

Resident Canada goose season will occur statewide from September 1st – September 15th. The daily bag limit is 5 Canada geese with a possession limit of 10 birds. Early teal season will occur statewide from September 11th – September 26th. The daily bag limit is 4 teal with a possession limit of 8 birds. All species of teal are legal for harvest during the early season. Legal shooting hours for all migratory game birds are from one-half hour before sunrise to sunset.
CutEmMS
hunter

Re: Early Season Dates Released

Postby mw46 » Sun Jul 25, 2010 3:06 am

Bring it on :thumbsup: I think I got my dove and teal hunts figured out except Im still not sure how to lure the local geese from our neighbors field to ours.......
The coot fighter
mw46
hunter

Re: Early Season Dates Released

Postby duckinkrazy01 » Sun Jul 25, 2010 3:23 pm

Any of you guys iterested in an extra gun for goose season? Never killed one and do not have places that they frequent but I could offer some duck hunting opportunities
duckinkrazy01
hunter

Return to Mississippi Duck Hunting