Tupelo?

Duck hunting in Mississippi is like no other. Learn why Mississippi Delta duck hunting is what we like to do best.

Moderator: Cephous

Tupelo?

Postby topdogjosh » Thu Oct 28, 2010 9:16 pm

Anybody hunt in the Tupelo area? I am considering a move there and just wondering if there was any duck hunting at all. Thanks
topdogjosh
hunter

Re: Tupelo?

Postby toptrigger » Sat Oct 30, 2010 1:56 pm

I don't live there but I think they do a little hunting on the tenn-tom waterway and surounding areas, also Tupelo is a great city, especially if your a 20 something single man. :wink:
toptrigger
hunter

Postby Park Duck » Sun Oct 31, 2010 6:53 am

hunting sucks there compared to most of La don;t move I live up that way for 5 years :fingerhead:
Park Duck
hunter

Postby duckman27 » Wed Nov 03, 2010 7:30 pm

If your gonna move to MS, move to the western side of the state. Hunting is far better than on the east side. And your closer to Arkansas if you want to hunt over there
duckman27
hunter

Postby toptrigger » Thu Nov 04, 2010 5:55 pm

Hunting is better on the west side of the state, but you don't want to live in the delta.
toptrigger
hunter

Postby Cephous » Fri Nov 05, 2010 1:10 pm

If yout want to live on the west side, better get toward Hernando or Southaven. Heard Tupleo is a great place to live...just not for duck hunters.
There's a reason it's called huntin' and fishin' instead of killin' and catchin'
Cephous
State Moderator

Postby drakechaser » Mon Nov 15, 2010 2:21 pm

There a few watershed lakes that hold local birds but after opening morning you can hang it up. The Tenn-Tom Waterway has been hunted way to hard for way to long and has dried up. Nothing there to hold the birds. They come in, get shot at, and leave. I know a few guys that are hoping to strike a deal with some farmers. Wanting them to leave some crops standing around the waterway in hopes of improving the hunting. Basically if you want to shoot ducks on a consistent basis then you must head to the delta. Lots of duck hunters in Tupelo but everybody has leases in the delta.
"It's not that liberals aren't smart, it's just that so much of what they know isn't so" - President Ronald Reagan
drakechaser
hunter

Postby whislinwings » Fri Nov 19, 2010 12:33 pm

drakechaser wrote:There a few watershed lakes that hold local birds but after opening morning you can hang it up. The Tenn-Tom Waterway has been hunted way to hard for way to long and has dried up. Nothing there to hold the birds. They come in, get shot at, and leave. I know a few guys that are hoping to strike a deal with some farmers. Wanting them to leave some crops standing around the waterway in hopes of improving the hunting. Basically if you want to shoot ducks on a consistent basis then you must head to the delta. Lots of duck hunters in Tupelo but everybody has leases in the delta.

^^^^^^ this man speaks the truth!
whislinwings
hunter

Return to Mississippi Duck Hunting