Too Warm?

Duck hunting in Mississippi is like no other. Learn why Mississippi Delta duck hunting is what we like to do best.

Moderator: Cephous

Will you hunt this weekend regardless of the weather?

Poll ended at Sat Dec 31, 2005 8:14 am

Yes
80%
No
20%

Total votes : 5

Too Warm?

Postby Cephous » Wed Dec 28, 2005 8:14 am

I heard this morning that the weather this weekend will feel more like fishing weather than duck hunting. Just wanted to know what you think about this.
There's a reason it's called huntin' and fishin' instead of killin' and catchin'
Cephous
State Moderator

Postby IBBoykin » Wed Dec 28, 2005 10:07 am

Went hunting this morning before coming into work. No luck, but went anyway.
Breeding and Training Boykin Spaniels, a True American Gundog
IBBoykin
hunter

Postby Ducksbeus » Wed Dec 28, 2005 10:13 am

Im goin Friday and Saterday unless I break my leg, or, someone dies or somethin :yes: :yes: :yes:
"You get what you put in, and people get what they deserve" Hank Jr. and Kid Rock
Ducksbeus
hunter

Postby greenheadman » Fri Dec 30, 2005 12:25 pm

HUNTED ON THE DEC 30 AND KILLED 5 GREENHEADS AND 2 WOODYS ON PUBLIC LAND I THINK IT JUST DEPENDS ON WHERE U ARE
ITS HAMMER TIME
greenheadman
hunter

Postby Cephous » Fri Dec 30, 2005 12:27 pm

greenheadman,

What part of the state are you hunting?
There's a reason it's called huntin' and fishin' instead of killin' and catchin'
Cephous
State Moderator

Postby greenheadman » Fri Dec 30, 2005 6:21 pm

AROUND GREENWOOD
ITS HAMMER TIME
greenheadman
hunter

Hunted Thurs and Fri

Postby Bhmduck » Sat Dec 31, 2005 11:54 am

Hunted Thurs and Fri around Tunica.......pretty decent number of birds in the area but not real interested in coming into the decoys. These ducks have gotten wise........they've obviously been around a while. Need a cold blast up north to move some fresh birds in.
Bhmduck
hunter

Postby Ducksbeus » Sun Jan 01, 2006 11:00 am

Wasnt too cold Friday...killed 3 greenheads even though I was set up on by sum knuckle heads...hurt my knee, but, will try ta kill a deer in the AM with my smokepole :cool: :cool: :cool:
"You get what you put in, and people get what they deserve" Hank Jr. and Kid Rock
Ducksbeus
hunter

Postby greenheadman » Sun Jan 01, 2006 7:35 pm

I HUNTED SATURDAY JUST SOUTH OF GREENWOOD. DIDN'T REALLY SEE ALOT OF DUCKS, BUT WHAT WE DID SEE WOULD WORK TO DECOYS. WE SHOULD HAVE KILLED 8 GREENHEADS AND 4 WOODIES. THE ONLY PROBLEM IS I COULDN'T SEEM TO BRING THEM DOWN.
ITS HAMMER TIME
greenheadman
hunter

Postby Henkilr » Mon Jan 02, 2006 1:36 pm

We had our best weekend yet. 5 of us friday had 5 limits of mallards, 5 limits of pintails & 5 teal, saturday 7 of us had 7 limits and 2 specs and 9 snows and sunday 7 of us had 39 ducks and 7 specs. we are seeing alot of pintails now. Had 1 group of about 150 work over our decoys for about 5 minutes and we killed 3 drakes. Also seeing large groups of teal are hanging around our fields. Looks like 200 of more in some groups. They look like black birds till you look through your binoculars.
God only gives you so many sunrises and I dont plan on missing one of them.
Henkilr
hunter

Postby Greenhead fan » Mon Jan 02, 2006 10:23 pm

Man, where is the Mosquito dope? HELL YES I'M GOING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Thats like asking a fish if he likes water. I don't feed this dog and store all this stuff all year to let a weather forcaster make me stay at home.
Fishing don't sound bad though. Aw theres plenty time for that after Jan 29. Any body reading this call all your buddies and tell them to stay home cause there are not any ducks around and they won't be flying till we get another cold front. Don't waste your gas and time. Go kill bambi. They have alot more meat anyway. That may leave me just enough ducks around to scrap up a limit. :salude: :thumbsup:
IT AIN'T BRAGGIN IF YOU CAN DO IT!
Greenhead fan
hunter

Postby Cephous » Tue Jan 03, 2006 7:15 am

Greenhead fan wrote:Any body reading this call all your buddies and tell them to stay home cause there are not any ducks around and they won't be flying till we get another cold front. Don't waste your gas and time. Go kill bambi. They have alot more meat anyway. That may leave me just enough ducks around to scrap up a limit. :salude: :thumbsup:

AMEN brother!!!
Cephous
State Moderator

Postby greenheadman » Tue Jan 03, 2006 9:39 pm

HEY HENKILLR WHEREABOUTS ARE YOU HUNTING JUST CURIOUS
ITS HAMMER TIME
greenheadman
hunter

Postby Henkilr » Wed Jan 04, 2006 7:15 am

We hunt next to Muscadine wma in Arcola. Muscadine has those flooded fish ponds with corn. We killed several this week that was full of corn. Earlier this season the ducks never left from over there but now at daylight you see thousands leaving from there. Alot go east but most of them go south. We think they are going to Yazoo.
God only gives you so many sunrises and I dont plan on missing one of them.
Henkilr
hunter

Postby greenheadman » Wed Jan 04, 2006 11:53 pm

HAVEN'T SEEN THEM I HUNT JUST NORTH OF YAZOO CITY I HAVE SEEN SOME DUCKS BUT NOT ANY REAL BIG NUMBERS
ITS HAMMER TIME
greenheadman
hunter

Postby msduckslayer » Wed Jan 18, 2006 11:51 pm

I have been hunting down around Yazoo, in Satartia been warm but still a few ducks around.
msduckslayer
hunter

Return to Mississippi Duck Hunting