Weekend Hunt

Duck hunting in Mississippi is like no other. Learn why Mississippi Delta duck hunting is what we like to do best.

Moderator: Cephous

Weekend Hunt

Postby IBBoykin » Mon Jan 02, 2006 12:07 pm

Did not get to go on Saturday, but even though the weather forecast was sunny for Sunday morning, I decided to go anyway and take my little girl, who likes tagging along.
Anyway, we went to O'Keefe since it would be an easy hunt for her and they had been having a few birds in there of late. The one thing I noticed more than anything, was that I would here and there get groups of ten to twenty Mallards started working into my decoy spread. I could not figure it out, but they would circle about 2 or 3 times looking hard, but would never commit and never get into gun range. Something would keep them from coming everytime. I moved us around and coverd with camo cloth and surrounding grasses, still nothing. I did get two, 1 mallard and 1 teal. I was glad to see that at least they finally started considering working the decoys. Up till now they were flying high and never looking down.
Breeding and Training Boykin Spaniels, a True American Gundog
IBBoykin
hunter

Postby Ducksbeus » Mon Jan 02, 2006 12:36 pm

Sounds like a good time :thumbsup: Maybe try increasing your decoy count or adding a jerk string or wobbler dekes to your spread :yes: :yes: :yes: :yes: My birds have been weary as well, but, managing to kill a few. Im having to brush up REALLY good as they are coming in high :cool: :cool: :cool:
"You get what you put in, and people get what they deserve" Hank Jr. and Kid Rock
Ducksbeus
hunter

Return to Mississippi Duck Hunting