I am probably gonna get burned on this one.....

Duck hunting in Mississippi is like no other. Learn why Mississippi Delta duck hunting is what we like to do best.

Moderator: Cephous

I am probably gonna get burned on this one.....

Postby mullethead » Thu Jan 13, 2011 9:57 am

Hey guys. I just registered and posted an intro in the new member section after having been out of the sport for the last 3 years due to the birth of my first child as well as a move and job change. I read a similar question's thread that I am about to ask and you guys really tore this fellah a new one. Keep in mind that I am not asking for anyone's honey hole or anything at all other than a very general response. I have been hunting since about 95, when a good friend turned me onto the sport. My grounds were predominantly the Pascagoula river marshes, as well as Benndale and Wade. I am finally getting a little more leisure time and plan to get back into the sport. I doubt I will get a hunt in at all before this season closes, mostly because much of my gear has suffered from being stored in the shed for several years. I got my daughter a new Chocolate pup for Christmas and have started initial training. I am no slouch on doing my own scouting, and am happy to share what knowledge I have, so I expect to contribute to the site often. My question is this, and please be gentle as I have looked pretty hard for general information before I asked here.
Question- Again, this is very general.... When my family made the move (pretty much on Biloxi/Gulfport line), I was under the impression that you could not hunt Back Bay. This Saturday morning I happened to be outside early and heard quite a bit of gun activity coming from Back Bay. Is it legal to hunt there? I will await the pounding. :fingerhead:
mullethead
Newb

Re: I am probably gonna get burned on this one.....

Postby Cephous » Fri Jan 14, 2011 11:38 am

Can't answer that question but :welcome: to the forum.
There's a reason it's called huntin' and fishin' instead of killin' and catchin'
Cephous
State Moderator

Postby jg715 » Sat Jan 15, 2011 8:00 pm

Hey,
You can hunt the back bay, a real good spot i have heard a lot about is grass hopper island, i have been looking for someone to go there with but no one has a boat. you just have to be carful of the houses. it may be a little sketchy but i have heard great things about it.

I am also new to the forum.
2011-2012 Season
2 Canadas
10 Woodies
1 Hooded Merganser
1 Ringneck
jg715
hunter

Postby mullethead » Tue Jan 18, 2011 10:43 am

Thanks for the heads up on that. Like I said, I doubt I will get a hunt in this season, but I do have a little rig and maybe we can get up and get something together for next season. Those houses seem awful close there. I have an email in to MDWFP about where is and is not legal and I'll post here. thanks again!
mullethead
Newb

Postby easter » Fri Jan 21, 2011 7:59 pm

New to the post also used to hunt the marh back in the 70 before I-10. Had a great hunt in LA last year. Looking to get back into the hunt. I miss making mallards look like fools.

Looking for a lease next year some where between here and New Orleans. Any help will be appreciated.
easter
hunter

Return to Mississippi Duck Hunting