Madison/Jackson MS area

Duck hunting in Mississippi is like no other. Learn why Mississippi Delta duck hunting is what we like to do best.

Moderator: Cephous

Madison/Jackson MS area

Postby duckhunternewbie » Fri Feb 04, 2011 12:33 pm

So Ive been wanting to get into duck hunting for quite sometime of course this season is over and wont be able to til next season. So in the mean time gives me a chance to practice some calling check out some locations etc. I just moved to Madison just north of Jackson about 6 months ago and know very little about the area. Im originally from Columbia about 100 miles south of here. So any suggestions of places to hunt in the area? I know we have the Pearl River WMA, Big Black River, Pearl River, Ross Barnett Reservoir, Finley Slough just a few waterways I thought I may check out. Im definetly open to any advice or suggestions tho.
duckhunternewbie
hunter

Re: Madison/Jackson MS area

Postby duckman27 » Fri Feb 04, 2011 1:57 pm

When the rivers get out of their banks the green timber around all the places you mentioned will be good. There is alot of good hunting if you head up to the northern half of the state around Arkabutla Lake and the Coldwater River bottoms
duckman27
hunter

Postby WoodDuck74 » Tue Feb 22, 2011 9:38 pm

Hey there duckhunternewbie. I am also new to the area, I moved to Madison last year. I hunted with some friends in LA the last few seasons, but I want to find something closer for the 2011-12 season. I have been looking at Pearl and the big black area as well as sunflower. Let me know if you want to scout some places or go in on a lease for next season. If someone out there has a lease or can point us in a better direction that would be great. Don't want to steal your spots!
WoodDuck74
Newb

Postby EastMiss » Mon May 02, 2011 2:09 pm

I want to 2nd that last message i will start School at MIllsaps in the fall and would love to find some places around Jackson just send me a pm if you guys want help scouting or anything else really i am looking for some guys to shoot ducks with
EastMiss
Newb

Postby PEARL RIVER OUTLAW » Tue Jun 14, 2011 1:38 pm

Its some decent hunting around the Pearl River around there and on the Rez. You can also find some pretty good places around there on privite lakes and ponds as well.
>>>>>----------Pearl River Outlaws-------->
www.plotsplus.net
PEARL RIVER OUTLAW
hunter

Postby BigShotOutdoors » Tue Jun 05, 2012 8:55 pm

EastMiss wrote:I want to 2nd that last message i will start School at MIllsaps in the fall and would love to find some places around Jackson just send me a pm if you guys want help scouting or anything else really i am looking for some guys to shoot ducks with

Hey man i know this is late but you still at Millsaps? I go to Ms College and do a good bit of duck hunting but I can find to many people who hunt at school
BigShotOutdoors
hunter

Postby Hawkeye76 » Tue Aug 14, 2012 6:44 pm

Lived in Madison for 8 years when I was younger. My father and I put a blind out on the Pearl River WMA. It's hit or miss out there. Haven't been over there for 12 years, but one of the the best hunts I had out there was during the ice storm of '96. If your gonna hunt the Pearl, hunt the late flights. We normally didn't put in till about 7:30.
When she asked me how drunk I was on a scale of 1-10, and I told her a B-, I knew it wasn't gonna go well....
HAIL STATE!!!
Credibility = Capability + Will
Rush Pike
I.Y.A.A.Y.A.S
Hawkeye76
hunter

Return to Mississippi Duck Hunting