Duck Species in Starkville/Northeastern MS

Duck hunting in Mississippi is like no other. Learn why Mississippi Delta duck hunting is what we like to do best.

Moderator: Cephous

Duck Species in Starkville/Northeastern MS

Postby windjammer » Fri Jun 24, 2011 10:53 pm

Hey guys,
I just graduated from Clemson University and will be moving to Starkville next week to attend graduate school at MSU. Hunting in upstate South Carolina for the past few years, the majority of birds ive gotten into at my spots are wood ducks, mallards, and gw teal. My current decoys reflect this. That said, i am curious as to what kinds of birds those of you in the Starkville area get into, and what you guys put into your spreads. What species of ducks do you guys tend to see where you hunt? I'm always looking for an excuse to buy a few more decoys. Any info would be appreciated!
windjammer
hunter

Re: Duck Species in Starkville/Northeastern MS

Postby Imbred_Goldfish » Sat Jun 25, 2011 4:20 pm

That sounds about like what you'd see, the better hunting is usually on the western half of the state though. It just depends on where you get hooked up, sloughs I'd add gadwall, fields I'd add bootlips.
Imbred_Goldfish
hunter

Postby duckman27 » Tue Jun 28, 2011 7:10 pm

Blue and Greenwings, Lots of Woodies, mallards, gadwall, pintail, widgeon, ringnecks, mergansers, spoonies, buffleheads
duckman27
hunter

Postby CutEmMS » Tue Jul 12, 2011 1:15 pm

alot of gadwalls and shovelers
CutEmMS
hunter

Return to Mississippi Duck Hunting