Snow goose hunting this comming up winter/Spring!

Duck hunting in Mississippi is like no other. Learn why Mississippi Delta duck hunting is what we like to do best.

Moderator: Cephous

Snow goose hunting this comming up winter/Spring!

Postby pheasants » Sat Jun 25, 2011 2:43 am

Hey you mississippians, I go down to duck hunt with a buddy usually the second week in January and I always see a TON of snow geese around where we duck hunt and I am wanting to bring my snow spread with me this year and try it a couple days down there. I am debating either going down a couple days extra for my normal trip or going that last week of the duck season and than stay a few days when the spring season opens up on them so we can use an e-caller. Either way just would like to see if any you locals would like to team up and put down some snows and blues. I can bring about 700 good decoys, 20+ flyers, 2 rotaries and 2 silosock bouncers, e-caller ect.... There could very easily be much more to that by the time January comes around. I know it is plently early but I am always planning ahead. Let me know if any of you are game. My buddies got leases by Marks, Crowder, Clarksdale and Tunica so if any of you are from those areas and know people/farmers where we can hopefully get on them snows let me now.
pheasants
hunter

Re: Snow goose hunting this comming up winter/Spring!

Postby GrumpyDuck » Mon Jun 27, 2011 6:25 pm

That time of year there are thousands of geese. It seems like all of them know exactly where they are going. If you can figure out how to hunt them, I would be game to shoot a few. I hunt with a buddy of mine in the crowder area. Would be interested to know how and where you were going to hunt.
GrumpyDuck
hunter

Postby pheasants » Wed Jun 29, 2011 2:12 am

Last year I was hunting with my buddy at his club and for 2 days straight, morning and evening the snows were dumping into these two fields and we even talked to the landowner who gave us permission but I didnt bring my spread with me and I didnt wanna jump them cause I am really not a big fan of that. I have been hunting snows for quite a while now and if we can pound them up here where they are hunted hard than I would bet we could do really well down there, where for 3 years now I have yet to see anyone hunt them. Everyone is off chasing ducks. I mean these geese didnt even circle this field they just locked up and started their tornado and were on the ground in seconds!
pheasants
hunter

Postby GrumpyDuck » Wed Jun 29, 2011 11:26 am

Just let me know when you make it down this way. If you need think you have them figured out, I am sure I could round up as many (or more) than you would need to hunt. We refer to them as "goose nation" because when we are laying on the levy, they fly right over us in the mornings... Only goose shooting we do is we get an occasional fat lazy bird that doesnt quite fly high enough when it comes over us.
GrumpyDuck
hunter

Return to Mississippi Duck Hunting