MS

Duck hunting in Mississippi is like no other. Learn why Mississippi Delta duck hunting is what we like to do best.

Moderator: Cephous

MS

Postby HowardtheDuck » Mon Jul 21, 2003 4:01 pm

I'm looking forward to more MS natives showing up!
HowardtheDuck
hunter

Postby ganzer » Mon Nov 17, 2003 9:31 pm

im from ms
ganzer
Newb

Mississippi here!

Postby woody » Wed Dec 10, 2003 8:09 am

I am from Mississippi and new to the game. I went for the first time this past weekend and fell in love with the sport! I nailed a merganser on my first shot and my partner brought down a shoveler. We saw very few ducks. I am going again the weekend of the 20th and hope to see a lot more!
woody
hunter

Postby Ducksbeus » Fri Oct 01, 2004 8:37 am

I'm not a native, but, i live and hunt in northern Mississippi. I hunt mostly public land and do a couple guided hunts when the wife says I can afford it. Just moved here last year from the coast, where the fishing is top notch, but the hunting sux. Had a descent year last year with one exceptional day when it was in the 20's and the fatheads wanted to be where I was. I love the look on thier faces when they they realize they have been duped. Due to the warm dry weather, we had a gazillion snow geese and speckled bellies in the area, but, ducks was tough. Y'all have a nice day! :hammering:
"You get what you put in, and people get what they deserve" Hank Jr. and Kid Rock
Ducksbeus
hunter

Postby sonnyhenry » Fri Dec 10, 2004 10:58 pm

I was born in Mississippi and have lived here for 61 years. This is my first try at a forum. I have been reading for awhile but this is my first reply. I am looking forward to getting involved and getting to some some of you guys. I have a 500 acre grain farm in Quitman County which I flood each year and I rais and train Working British Labrador Retriever. Hope that I can contribute to the forum. Thanks,
RELAX, God IS IN CONTROL!!!
sonnyhenry
Newb

Postby bigmossy » Sat Dec 11, 2004 12:37 pm

Good to have you on board Sonny. Trying to build the MS forum up and it's nice to have a new voice. See you live in Sardis. I live in Batesville and my family is from Sardis originally. Have probably seen you around. Great to have you onboard.
ACTS 10:10-13
bigmossy
Pro Hunter

Postby IBBoykin » Sun Dec 12, 2004 4:19 pm

Well being that I also am a native, 6th generation in Lafayette County. For you that are new to the state, that is Oxford. Hunt primarily public land from the back waters of the Yocona River to the Delta. I love the total hunt, going and scouting the holes and finding the ducks. Looking forward to the day after Christmas. My 8 year old daughter is getting a full mossy oak break up set up from head to toe. Going to take her (as an observer only at this point) on her first duck hunt.
Breeding and Training Boykin Spaniels, a True American Gundog
IBBoykin
hunter

Return to Mississippi Duck Hunting