Mojo regulation question MS

Duck hunting in Mississippi is like no other. Learn why Mississippi Delta duck hunting is what we like to do best.

Mojo regulation question MS

Postby Ducknuts » Mon Nov 21, 2011 2:14 pm

I'm predominantly on other hunting forums and looked at a report that for the 2011-2012 duck hunting season that mojo's are not allowed. Can anyone say if this is true or not. My hunting buddies and I use them most of the time and we really believe in them and how they bring motion to our spread. I hope that this is not true.

Duck Hunt writes:
The use of any spinning wing decoy to aid in the harvest of migratory waterfowl in Mississippi during the 2011-2012 season is strictly prohibited. The spinning-wing decoy is defined as any electronic, mechanically-operated, wind-powered or manually-powered spinning-blade device that simulates wing movement. The decoys will be allowed during the snow, blue and Ross’ Conservation Order season dates of Feb. 6 to March 31, 2012.

Supposed to be a MS Flyway co-op project funded by DU and Delta
http://home.mdwfp.com/Co...tmldownload.aspx?id=1034 This link is broken and I still cant find any info on the web about it.

Any help would be great.... signed Concerned Duck Hunting Fanatic.
I just love lots of quack in the bush!
Ducknuts
hunter

Re: Mojo regulation question MS

Postby Cephous » Mon Dec 19, 2011 3:39 pm

I checked the MDWF&P website under waterfowl regulations. There isn't anything in that section that prohibits the use of spinning wing decoys.
There's a reason it's called huntin' and fishin' instead of killin' and catchin'
Cephous
State Moderator

Return to Mississippi Duck Hunting