Mojo regulation question MS

Duck hunting in Mississippi is like no other. Learn why Mississippi Delta duck hunting is what we like to do best.

Moderator: Cephous

Mojo regulation question MS

Postby Ducknuts » Mon Nov 21, 2011 2:14 pm

I'm predominantly on other hunting forums and looked at a report that for the 2011-2012 duck hunting season that mojo's are not allowed. Can anyone say if this is true or not. My hunting buddies and I use them most of the time and we really believe in them and how they bring motion to our spread. I hope that this is not true.

Duck Hunt writes:
The use of any spinning wing decoy to aid in the harvest of migratory waterfowl in Mississippi during the 2011-2012 season is strictly prohibited. The spinning-wing decoy is defined as any electronic, mechanically-operated, wind-powered or manually-powered spinning-blade device that simulates wing movement. The decoys will be allowed during the snow, blue and Ross’ Conservation Order season dates of Feb. 6 to March 31, 2012.

Supposed to be a MS Flyway co-op project funded by DU and Delta
http://home.mdwfp.com/Co...tmldownload.aspx?id=1034 This link is broken and I still cant find any info on the web about it.

Any help would be great.... signed Concerned Duck Hunting Fanatic.
I just love lots of quack in the bush!
Ducknuts
hunter

Re: Mojo regulation question MS

Postby Cephous » Mon Dec 19, 2011 3:39 pm

I checked the MDWF&P website under waterfowl regulations. There isn't anything in that section that prohibits the use of spinning wing decoys.
There's a reason it's called huntin' and fishin' instead of killin' and catchin'
Cephous
State Moderator

Return to Mississippi Duck Hunting