First timer

Duck hunting in Mississippi is like no other. Learn why Mississippi Delta duck hunting is what we like to do best.

Moderator: Cephous

First timer

Postby buckshot1224 » Tue Nov 29, 2011 8:54 pm

A buddy and I are looking at coming out to the Batesville/Clarksdale area around the first of January. I've done a lot of research on the Sardis Lake and WMA as well as a few of the rivers in the area. I've got a few questions that I was hoping a few of you guys could help me out with. I'm not internet scouting, just asking for some guidance for the huge learning curve we have to go through.

What are the rules as far as the rivers? Can you hunt any river that has public access as long as you stay within the banks?

Does anyone know of any guides in the area? I have really struggled to find any.

How willing are the local farmers to let you hunt their property? I was out there a few years ago with some idiots and I didn't learn a thing. However, I noticed a lot of fields that were flooded and had birds but I never got to ask the locals about hunting them.

Any other serious suggestions or tips would be greatly appreciated! We currently have 3 options we are looking into but this was originally our first choice/idea. Thanks!
buckshot1224
hunter

Re: First timer

Postby duckman27 » Tue Nov 29, 2011 10:51 pm

99% of the flooded fields are leases so unless you have $$$ you won't be able to hunt those
duckman27
hunter

Return to Mississippi Duck Hunting