Northeast MS duck hunting

Duck hunting in Mississippi is like no other. Learn why Mississippi Delta duck hunting is what we like to do best.

Moderator: Cephous

Northeast MS duck hunting

Postby poyse2b3 » Thu Dec 29, 2011 11:13 am

Let me start by saying it is fantastic to be here in the great state of Mississippi. I am active duty Air Force and am new to the state of MS stationed here in Columbus, MS at Columbus Air Force Base. I have been duck hunting for the past 3 years and let me say that I am hooked. Only problem is I can't find many ducks on public land this side of the state. Let me preface all this by saying, I don't want handouts or to know where your sweet honey hole is. (well I do, but I have been lurking around this forum long enough to realize that questions like those don't end very well for the asker.) What I would really like are some like minded individuals that would be willing to show me around and point me in the right direction, maybe let me tag along if you have the room. I have done lots of research on public land and have hunted or attempted to hunt most of the WMAs near me (Trim Cane) as well as spent almost every weekend on the Tom-Bigbee river. Seems like everyone I talk to at the local sporting goods places all have their own private holes they hunt and wouldn't be caught dead on public land. Only problem is no one seems to want to help anyone else out past - "Well you could try the WMAs or Tomm-bigbee." What happened to this southern hospitality I heard so much about? I know its out there, I guess I just need to ask the right people. Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks again and have a Happy New Year.
poyse2b3
Newb

Re: Northeast MS duck hunting

Postby ByersFarm » Sun Jan 01, 2012 3:14 pm

Have you hunted noxubee? We used to spend a lot of time at the refuge when I was in school down there.
http://www.byersfarm.com Bill Byers' Hunter Club est. 1953

CraZyMatt wrote:Well, I guess I'll see y'all on the internet.
ByersFarm
DHC Sponsor

Postby Ducknuts! » Sun Jan 01, 2012 7:53 pm

Fellow active duty member here. Navy 14 years. Corpsman. I would be willing to show you around some places that have been producing some good groops of ducks on public land. Dont know if they will be there all the time but they are there most of the time. You would get a great woodie shoot everytime. My buddies and I run also to the delta several times. Places like Howard Miller and Malmason. Malmason is walk in and I dont mind telling you because no matter what you do up there you have to work for your ducks. All flooded timber. For a chance to hunt up on the Tom Big I would be willing to show you some stuff aroud my neck of the woods. PM me maybe we can get to gether. Us brothers in Arms need to stick together.
I found it. I found the X!
Ducknuts!
hunter

Postby CL_HOFF » Thu Jan 19, 2012 8:04 pm

Did you ever find good ducks on the Tenn Tom? I'm at the base too and have only been out twice with no success.
CL_HOFF
Newb

Return to Mississippi Duck Hunting