Sledge

Duck hunting in Mississippi is like no other. Learn why Mississippi Delta duck hunting is what we like to do best.

Moderator: Cephous

Sledge

Postby duckslayers 25 » Tue Jan 03, 2012 2:13 pm

Me and some buddies have a lease in Sledge, not been doing to great only shot 14 ducks out of it all year. Our best hunt was this morning and we only shot 5 birds. Anybody else doing as bad as us in Sledge?
duckslayers 25
hunter

Re: Sledge

Postby knedep » Tue Jan 03, 2012 7:27 pm

Hunt near Sledge and not seeing many birds. :sad:
knedep
hunter

Postby Bandedduck » Wed Jan 04, 2012 1:52 am

All most everybody is having that kind of year. I just had my first good hunt this past weekend
Bandedduck
hunter

Postby gon2sledge » Wed Jan 04, 2012 7:04 am

i hunt sledge pretty much every weekend and ive only had 2 good mornings, its just been a horrible year.
gon2sledge
hunter

Postby duckslayers 25 » Wed Jan 04, 2012 4:45 pm

The birds arent down from up north yet i know, but i know some friends in marks, dundee, and crowder and they have been wearing em out. I dont understand how everyone else is killing them and we arent. We have flooded timber and a flooded millet and bean field and havent even shoot a limit of birds one morning. I have shot more ducks on public land this year than my lease i paid for.
duckslayers 25
hunter

Postby gon2sledge » Sat Jan 07, 2012 8:59 pm

shot 9 this afternoon in our flooded timber
gon2sledge
hunter

Postby Bandedduck » Sun Jan 08, 2012 6:03 am

Your right about the ducks not being here. The reason your buddies are killing ducks is because there aren't enough ducks to fight over food so the ducks are just picking a place and staying there until the food is gone. I've been hunting all over and have been only killing ones and twos or getting skunked, but I have one hole i'm able to hunt and it's slap covered up. We hunted it the other day and had to wait until about to or three hundred landed on the water so they could push the landing zone close enough to us to have a good shot. Every time we would shoot all the ducks would leave and come back about 15 mins later and did this all morning and have been doing it for the last week. There is probably around 25 to 30 holes around me that had no one hunting and the ducks didn't want anything to do with them. They just keep coming back. What makes is more mind blowing is that usually this is the only field the ducks never come to in years past.
Bandedduck
hunter

Postby teddysberna » Wed Jan 11, 2012 9:48 am

I'll be down there next weekend with my dad and brother... Hope some cold weather pushes a few more birds in the area... Any progress/ new reports out of Sledge?
ByersFarm wrote:
Westtennduckhunter wrote:Sugar is a top secret place.

Sugar is a mythical place, with unicorns and sugar plum ferries. It's a majestic place. I mean moth8rf^@king majestic. Like a bald eagle getting a hand job from the statue of liberty herself.
teddysberna
hunter

Postby gon2sledge » Fri Jan 13, 2012 11:22 pm

hunted last saturday and sunday in sledge got 3 man limit saturday and 4 man limit sunday and ducks flew none stop from sunrise till lunch. just a lil fyi we didnt start killin ducks till we turned off the mojos. mojos r useless right now from what ive seen its flared ducks every time and hale calls are being ignored. no mojos and soft feeder calls have been the magic for us the last week.aND all those limits were fat greenheads with acouple pintails that sneaked in.we added 2 dozen shoveler decoys and a dozen geese and i think it sealed the deal.
gon2sledge
hunter

Return to Mississippi Duck Hunting