Jackson, Ms area

Duck hunting in Mississippi is like no other. Learn why Mississippi Delta duck hunting is what we like to do best.

Moderator: Cephous

Jackson, Ms area

Postby Bigdawg22 » Wed Apr 25, 2012 1:10 am

My wife is considering taking a job in Jackson, and I was wondering if there is any public ground to hunt around there. We have visited Jackson in the summer and love the area. We are thinking of finding a place in Brandon. We have some family friends there but they only deer hunt and don't know of anybody that duck hunts. Not looking for anybody's honey holes, just want to make sure I'll have somewhere to go. Thanks!
Bigdawg22
hunter

Re: Jackson, Ms area

Postby BigShotOutdoors » Sat Apr 28, 2012 2:39 pm

I go to MS College in Clinton (right next to Jackson) and within the two years being here I found a lot of honey holes either on the pearl river by the spillway of the reservoir, or on the northeast end of the ross barnett which is actually pearl river wildlife management area.. I also do a lot of hunting on public water in vicksburg on the yahoo and ms river which is like a 45 min ride. And that is probably the best hunting within a 50 mile radius of here. Hopefully this helps!
BigShotOutdoors
hunter

Return to Mississippi Duck Hunting