MS Coastal Duck Hunting?

Duck hunting in Mississippi is like no other. Learn why Mississippi Delta duck hunting is what we like to do best.

Moderator: Cephous

MS Coastal Duck Hunting?

Postby BigShotOutdoors » Tue Jun 05, 2012 8:14 pm

I go to college near Jackson so I hunt in north and central MS but live in South (Picayune) MS and frequently fish out of LaFrance fishing camp when I'm home and was thinking of duck hunting down there this year.. I guess my question is what kind of spread of decoys is needed to get em coming in? I have 2 dozen mallards 6 woodies 2 green wings and 2 pintails... I know there's no mallards down south but would that work?

Thanks for any help
BigShotOutdoors
hunter

Re: MS Coastal Duck Hunting?

Postby luciengwin4 » Tue Jul 24, 2012 3:30 pm

i was planning on doing the same this year i have painted three dozen mallard decoys into bluebills and i have a whole lot more old decoys that i think i'm going to try that with i read that bluebill is the best species to use bc most anything will lite with them don't know for sure if that is right but i read it somewhere. i'm hoping to have about nine dozen diver decoys by the time the season starts if you would be interested in getting together and making a hunt this year let me know.
luciengwin4
hunter

Postby BigShotOutdoors » Tue Aug 14, 2012 3:01 pm

Yea definitely! That sounds awesome! I went fishing last week out of bay st. louis and saw some ducks flying for the first time since summer started... got me pumped up!
BigShotOutdoors
hunter

Postby berniebiz » Sun Aug 26, 2012 12:58 pm

I just got down here. Im in the Air Force and they have me doing temporary duty until early December. I am currently in Biloxi, but would be willing to drive if any of you all want to meet up.
berniebiz
hunter

Return to Mississippi Duck Hunting