Looking for public land to hunt

Duck hunting in Mississippi is like no other. Learn why Mississippi Delta duck hunting is what we like to do best.

Moderator: Cephous

Looking for public land to hunt

Postby Hashman08 » Tue Nov 06, 2012 9:45 pm

Hey guys this is my first of four years to be stationed here in southern Mississippi. I grew up in Kansas hunting Cheyenne Bottoms and was recently stationed in Missouri and hunted on Four Rivers there. I'm looking for public land to duck hunt on down here. All I've been able to find so far is charter hunts and all the WMP areas are well to the north of Hattiesburg. Any tips or leads would be greatly appreciated. The season is rapidly approaching and I'm ready to get them waders back out! Thanks guys.

Billy
Hashman08
Newb

Re: Looking for public land to hunt

Postby duckhunter87 » Wed Nov 07, 2012 5:35 pm

Hey Hashman08, I am in the same boat as you and am looking for places to hunt, if i find any or anywhere to go i will let ya know. I havent found anywhere close yet though.
duckhunter87
Newb

Re: Looking for public land to hunt

Postby Ducknuts! » Thu Nov 08, 2012 7:56 pm

Try Pearl WMA late in the third split. I've always wanted to go down there and try it out but the hunting is so good up north. I'm in Meridian at the NAS. Good luck and look on the MDWFP and do your homework. You got to get into the woods and get lost or swamps for that matter... Ducknuts!
I found it. I found the X!
Ducknuts!
hunter

Return to Mississippi Duck Hunting