questions about coldwater!

Duck hunting in Mississippi is like no other. Learn why Mississippi Delta duck hunting is what we like to do best.

Moderator: Cephous

questions about coldwater!

Postby cutemjack13 » Fri Dec 28, 2012 4:39 pm

Ive been duck hunting in coldwater with mixed success. i usually see quite a few ducks every morning except this morning i saw only 6. and there has been a few other outings where we saw none!! just want some local input (yes your 2 cents is asked upon!!) has anyone been having any luck around coldwater or arkabutla area??
cutemjack13
hunter

Re: questions about coldwater!

Postby Imbred_Goldfish » Mon Dec 31, 2012 11:03 am

I've been hunting a bit to the east of ya and haven't seen consistent numbers all year. One day there will be 8 groups of hunters and 6 birds in the sky, the next there will be no other hunters and quite a few birds (although they are normally cruising in the stratosphere and could give 2 chits about what I'm doing). I relocated here last year from central Arkansas and the birds here seem a lot tougher to pattern. Maybe it's been this weather, maybe it's just me :fingerhead:
Imbred_Goldfish
hunter

Postby EchoMudButt » Thu Jan 03, 2013 1:17 pm

Me and the guys had some good hunting last weekend. Busted 16 total.. They liked our spreads right at shoot hour but immediately died off 2 hours after.
EchoMudButt
Newb

Postby toptrigger » Wed Mar 06, 2013 10:02 am

Coldwater was good on opening weekend and very slow the rest of the year. I hunt coldwater pretty regulary, I live a half mile from the drop zone gate.
toptrigger
hunter

Postby CutEmMS » Thu Jun 27, 2013 2:39 pm

Coldwater is full of sky busting faggots.... Get away from all those duck commanders in training and you might kill a few birds....
CutEmMS
hunter

Postby CutEmMS » Thu Jun 27, 2013 2:46 pm

It is what it is.....
CutEmMS
hunter

Postby toptrigger » Sun Jun 30, 2013 2:17 pm

You can kill as many ducks in coldwater as you can anywhere else. If you stop at the first pool of water and throw your decoys out alongside 4 or 5 other groups in a quarter mile you probably won't do any good.
toptrigger
hunter

Return to Mississippi Duck Hunting