Dove...

Duck hunting in Mississippi is like no other. Learn why Mississippi Delta duck hunting is what we like to do best.

Moderator: Cephous

Dove...

Postby Ducksbeus » Tue Sep 05, 2006 10:02 am

My son and I hooked with with Greenheadman for an EXCELLANT weekend of dove slayin'...Limits both Saterday and Sunday. Nova drew blood,as I have a scab forming over the multiple layers of bruising about my shoulder. We let a group of Early Honkers slide by....that WONT happen again THIS weekend...Did y'all get into any shootin' over the weekend?

:hammering: :hammering: :hammering: :hammering: :hammering:
"You get what you put in, and people get what they deserve" Hank Jr. and Kid Rock
Ducksbeus
hunter

Postby Cephous » Tue Sep 05, 2006 2:58 pm

Didn't fire any but glad to hear someone did and had a good weekend. It was a great weekend for it since the temps weren't as bad.
There's a reason it's called huntin' and fishin' instead of killin' and catchin'
Cephous
State Moderator

Postby greenheadman » Tue Sep 05, 2006 5:35 pm

DUCKS ISN'T LYING HIS SHOULDER LOOKED PRETTY BAD. WE HAD A GREAT TIME. HOPEFULLY IT WILL BE AS GOOD THIS WEEKEND AS IT WAS LAST.
ITS HAMMER TIME
greenheadman
hunter

Postby IBBoykin » Wed Sep 06, 2006 1:46 pm

Duckbeus, I take it that you have a benelli nova and have a sore shoulder from it. So light weight it kicks like heck on field load. With mine, it seems to kick harder on field load than on 3 1/2 high brass. Gotta be the heavy clothing for cold weather though. I put the recoil bracket and reducer in this year. It did help alot with the recoil, but to me, the gun is as sweet, it does not shoulder as well. The stock end is heavier now and when I pull it up, it doesnt go to that sweet spot. So Sunday and Monday I pulled it out and it I shot much better. Bruise or no bruise, the birds were in the bag after the change. If you do get one to try, gotta have a longer than normal screwdriver to install the bracket.
Breeding and Training Boykin Spaniels, a True American Gundog
IBBoykin
hunter

Postby IBBoykin » Mon Sep 11, 2006 11:39 am

Went out saturday on a second weekend hunt. It was out of this world. My bosses family farms near Tunica and they have a fantastic field they do every year. The field sat idle since opening weekend. The birds really started coming in hard around 4 making a great hunt. I got 17, don't jump to conclusions, I got two ringnecks which have no bag limit.
A great time was had by all.
Breeding and Training Boykin Spaniels, a True American Gundog
IBBoykin
hunter

Postby Ducksbeus » Tue Sep 12, 2006 4:28 pm

We went down to Belzoni and shot the crap outta of em again on Saterday... 4 o clock seemed like the magic hour for sure :yes: :yes:

Ive thought about installing the reducer, but, I dont want the wieght...I'll just hold back the tears :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:
"You get what you put in, and people get what they deserve" Hank Jr. and Kid Rock
Ducksbeus
hunter

Return to Mississippi Duck Hunting