East MS Duck Hunting

Duck hunting in Mississippi is like no other. Learn why Mississippi Delta duck hunting is what we like to do best.

Moderator: Cephous

East MS Duck Hunting

Postby Herkybird » Thu Apr 25, 2013 8:46 pm

Hey folks. New to the forum and I have a question.

I'm a military guy and have been stationed in OK for 2.5 years. I was blessed enough to make friends with a couple of squadron-mates that got me into duck hunting. Now I can't live without it. There is a distinct possibility of me PCSing to Columbus before I have another chance at a September teal hunt here in OK. I know delta hunting is some of the best in the nation, but I'm curious as to what, if any, duck hunting there is to be had in eastern MS. I would think the Tom Bigbee would attract some quackers, but I'm worried it's too far east. Any words?
Herkybird
Newb

Re: East MS Duck Hunting

Postby flywayman » Mon Apr 29, 2013 12:22 pm

My brother had a good friend who lived in Columbus,MS. They tried hunting in that area and never did much good except for a few wood ducks. The three of us hunted together a good bit in N/W MS and always did pretty well there.
flywayman
hunter

Postby Park Duck » Wed May 01, 2013 9:28 am

I killed plenty of ducks around Columbus
Park Duck
hunter

Postby Herkybird » Mon Aug 26, 2013 2:39 pm

We finally made it to Columbus. I'm actually looking at buying some property near the base that has a 30-40 acre marsh on it. The agent says there's good waterfowl hunting in that marsh, but I'd like to hear some other opinions. Is there decent duck hunting in this area. I know it's not going to be like the delta, but I'd settle for a couple dozen ducks throughout the season. How 'bout it?
Herkybird
Newb

Return to Mississippi Duck Hunting