Duck Hunting Forum banner

HOW WAS YALLS OPENER?

1K views 7 replies 6 participants last post by  Duck Crazy 
#1 ·
We got skunked on the morning hunt and had 3 limits of woodducks in about 1 hr. sorry no pics cuz family is out of town and all the digital cameras went w/ them but feel free to post urs.

#2 ·
I talked with one person I know that hunts Crowder, they saw one duck, it was a greenhead and they got it. Everyone else in crowder that I talked with did not fire a shot. Guys down near Greenville killed a few, no limits, and two different groups I know up in Tunica all saw nothing, not a shot fired. I had gone out Thanksgiving morning for some scouting, knowing our lease did not have ducks yet, so I was looking for alternatives. I found a bunch of birds at O'keefe WMA in Lambert, all shovelers. Did not see a single bird at the Tallahatchie refuge. So I chose to shoot shovelers for opening day. With all the hunters there, the birds did not get a chance to get good into a field before being shot, so it was not as good as I had hoped for. Ended up with three. I guess it could be worse. Had fun though.
Did see tens of thousands of snows in the sky, flying in every direction. Saw a couple of winter wheat fields that they had stripped bare in the middle. Other than that, everyone I know saw nothing, which really made me feel great about my opener.

#5 ·
i second that on the cold thing but as far as water goes inthe marsh it doesnt really matter about water bc all the ducks we shoot land in extremely shallow water but we do need the cold for more ducks to move down here but i guess woodies will haveto do fornow
where u hunt at mac?

#6 ·
i second that on the cold thing but as far as water goes inthe marsh it doesnt really matter about water bc all the ducks we shoot land in extremely shallow water but we do need the cold for more ducks to move down here but i guess woodies will haveto do fornow
where u hunt at mac?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.