HOW WAS YALLS OPENER?

Duck hunting in Mississippi is like no other. Learn why Mississippi Delta duck hunting is what we like to do best.

Moderator: Cephous

HOW WAS YALLS OPENER?

Postby H20 fowl » Fri Nov 24, 2006 9:39 pm

We got skunked on the morning hunt and had 3 limits of woodducks in about 1 hr. sorry no pics cuz family is out of town and all the digital cameras went w/ them but feel free to post urs.
H20 fowl
hunter

Postby IBBoykin » Sat Nov 25, 2006 4:48 am

I talked with one person I know that hunts Crowder, they saw one duck, it was a greenhead and they got it. Everyone else in crowder that I talked with did not fire a shot. Guys down near Greenville killed a few, no limits, and two different groups I know up in Tunica all saw nothing, not a shot fired. I had gone out Thanksgiving morning for some scouting, knowing our lease did not have ducks yet, so I was looking for alternatives. I found a bunch of birds at O'keefe WMA in Lambert, all shovelers. Did not see a single bird at the Tallahatchie refuge. So I chose to shoot shovelers for opening day. With all the hunters there, the birds did not get a chance to get good into a field before being shot, so it was not as good as I had hoped for. Ended up with three. I guess it could be worse. Had fun though.
Did see tens of thousands of snows in the sky, flying in every direction. Saw a couple of winter wheat fields that they had stripped bare in the middle. Other than that, everyone I know saw nothing, which really made me feel great about my opener.
Breeding and Training Boykin Spaniels, a True American Gundog
IBBoykin
hunter

Postby greenheadman » Sun Nov 26, 2006 6:49 pm

three of managed to kill a few. we had two greenheads, four gadwalls, and your usuall shovelers. saw alot of birds though and alot of geese. maybe this weekend will be better.
ITS HAMMER TIME
greenheadman
hunter

Postby Macknight22 » Sun Nov 26, 2006 9:48 pm

H20....we need water down here and cold weather wouldnt hurt.
Macknight22
hunter

Postby H20 fowl » Mon Nov 27, 2006 11:22 am

i second that on the cold thing but as far as water goes inthe marsh it doesnt really matter about water bc all the ducks we shoot land in extremely shallow water but we do need the cold for more ducks to move down here but i guess woodies will haveto do fornow
where u hunt at mac?
H20 fowl
hunter

Postby H20 fowl » Mon Nov 27, 2006 11:23 am

i second that on the cold thing but as far as water goes inthe marsh it doesnt really matter about water bc all the ducks we shoot land in extremely shallow water but we do need the cold for more ducks to move down here but i guess woodies will haveto do fornow
where u hunt at mac?
H20 fowl
hunter

Postby Cephous » Mon Nov 27, 2006 3:51 pm

Macknight22 wrote:we need water down here and cold weather wouldnt hurt.

It's coming later this week from what I hear.
There's a reason it's called huntin' and fishin' instead of killin' and catchin'
Cephous
State Moderator

Postby Duck Crazy » Tue Nov 28, 2006 10:08 pm

We (South Delta Hunting Club) killed around 120 total opening weekend
Think, Duck
Dream, Duck
Kill, Duck

It's an Obsession
Duck Crazy
hunter

Return to Mississippi Duck Hunting