Duck hunting near Biloxi/Keesler AFB info

Duck hunting in Mississippi is like no other. Learn why Mississippi Delta duck hunting is what we like to do best.

Moderator: Cephous

Duck hunting near Biloxi/Keesler AFB info

Postby williampitts87 » Thu Sep 26, 2013 4:43 am

I am looking to get some information about duck hunting near the Biloxi/Keesler AFB area. I am new to the area and havent hunted since I moved here. I am not looking anyones secret spots, but mainly for someone to take me out and show me where you can and cannot hunt and some of the WMAs. I have read about a few online, and was just trying to figure out which you need a boat for and etc. I have all the gear, just not the local knowledge. I am currently deployed but will be back mid season. Thanks In advance for any help or tips.
williampitts87
Newb

Re: Duck hunting near Biloxi/Keesler AFB info

Postby BenelliSuperVinci » Wed Dec 04, 2013 9:12 am

The only hunting in deep south MS will be the Pascagoula WMA & river basin or go east to Pearl River or a bit further to the Slidell, LA area. You'll need a boat and mostly only shoot Woodies, Teal, and a few Divers. Not many puddle ducks in large numbers make it down to that area. If you're looking for flooded ag fields and most soil areas you'll need to head north to the Delta region. The further north you go the more duck traffic you'll see, and there's lot MS WMA and even Fed. areas for duck hunting. However, you will need an ATV to access most of the hunting units, and everyone has different rules and regs. on which days they hunt them. The MDWFP web site has lots of infor on all the state WMA's. Hope this helps a bit, and thank you for your service.
BenelliSuperVinci
Newb

Postby Gulfcoast » Thu Dec 05, 2013 1:43 pm

The Pascagoula Marsh is essentially public, and has decent shooting for gadwalls and the odd mallard or mottled duck on the few days that the fronts work out. Saying more than that will get me linched by the locals. :D
So many ducks, so little time . . .

HRCH Ellie Mae MH
Tipsy Puppy
Gulfcoast
hunter

Postby eeekroar » Tue Dec 10, 2013 7:57 pm

No more hunting in the Biloxi marsh. We were stopped by Biloxi PD, and was told the mayor has been receiving to many complaints ,and does not want anyone hunting the area anymore. They said we could still hunt it since it is federal land, but we are not allowed to use guns, since it is surround by Biloxi city limits. Which is unfortunately because we were slaughtering mallards and blue, and green wing teal.
eeekroar
hunter

Return to Mississippi Duck Hunting