Hunting Pascagoula and Ward Bayou WMAs

Duck hunting in Mississippi is like no other. Learn why Mississippi Delta duck hunting is what we like to do best.

Moderator: Cephous

Hunting Pascagoula and Ward Bayou WMAs

Postby Drakenstien » Wed Oct 30, 2013 9:40 pm

Over the years I have deer hunted and squirrel hunted these areas and am now just getting into duck hunting for myself. I was wondering if there was a good bit of ducks outside of wood ducks. I have seen many ducks but not big groups just pairs usually. I have a boat and was wonder what type of places they like(not exact coordinates just somewhere I can get an idea where to start looking). And what about the wood line on the Pascagoula river been with a buddy but just killed some woodies. I live in Moss point on the water so I was also wondering about the Escatapa river.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Drakenstien
hunter

Re: Hunting Pascagoula and Ward Bayou WMAs

Postby Park Duck » Sun Nov 03, 2013 7:24 am

Watch some duck dynasty it will help you
Park Duck
hunter

Postby Red Huck » Sun Nov 03, 2013 8:24 pm

"Your best bet for ducks is going to be along the river system in Pascagoula WMA and along its tributaries, oxbows and farther south in Ward Bayou WMA," Moree said. "You’ll have a lot of wood ducks along the Pascagoula River and in the WMA. When you get farther down to the marsh areas in Ward Bayou, you’ll see a wider variety of ducks.

"These are your best bets down in this region, but they’re nothing like the Delta has."

2012-13 WMA hunting forecast
Michael O. Giles
Red Huck
hunter

Postby Drakenstien » Tue Nov 05, 2013 5:56 pm

Yea seen some wood ducks around pine island Saturday

Drakenstien
hunter

Postby Drakenstien » Tue Nov 05, 2013 6:06 pm

Yea it would be interesting to see how many new people have been getting duck stamps in last two years to see how much the show has done. Over the last few years I have hunted two or three times a year so I really don't know what a change would be. This year I just got into it myself because I never could afford a boat suitable for duck hunting

Drakenstien
hunter

Postby Ducknuts » Sun Nov 10, 2013 6:53 pm

As for starting out in Duck Hunting, don't be a slob. Get out and do some looking at the area and the MDWFP and what it has to offer. Don't show up the last min at a place with a crazy squirrel brain dog and a buddy that don't know how to hunt and set up 100 ft. off of some one else's staked out spot and start sky bust-en and calling at everything that moves. Keep public land free from stupid's and don't be stupid yourself. Some of us can't afford a guide all the time to hunt. Don't be afraid to teach someone too. See ya in the swamp..... Ducknuts!
I just love lots of quack in the bush!
Ducknuts
hunter

Postby Drakenstien » Sun Nov 10, 2013 6:57 pm

Yea went today seen a lot of ducks but not many wood ducks

Drakenstien
hunter

Postby Drakenstien » Sun Nov 10, 2013 6:58 pm

Like last week