ducks in north ms

Duck hunting in Mississippi is like no other. Learn why Mississippi Delta duck hunting is what we like to do best.

Moderator: Cephous

ducks in north ms

Postby adamfiore00 » Fri Nov 29, 2013 1:04 pm

I know ill get a lot of negative feedback on this but me and my buddies have seen so many birds high up but cant seem to get to where there at any help? weve been following these ducks for a week and cant seem to understand what there doing any help on the positive side??
adamfiore00
hunter

Re: ducks in north ms

Postby d_hunter12 » Fri Nov 29, 2013 8:44 pm

Where are you hunting at?
d_hunter12
hunter

Postby adamfiore00 » Sat Nov 30, 2013 11:39 am

the boat ramp off 51 and places around there
adamfiore00
hunter

Postby d_hunter12 » Sun Dec 01, 2013 1:31 pm

That's outta my range man. I'm on the other side if the state. Sorry I couldn't help
d_hunter12
hunter

Postby adamfiore00 » Sun Dec 01, 2013 2:49 pm

no problem man
adamfiore00
hunter

Postby CutEmMS » Sun Dec 01, 2013 11:12 pm

Go scout and find out where they are going......need somebody to cut your steak too?
CutEmMS
hunter

Postby tigerinfielder3 » Mon Dec 02, 2013 11:45 am

CutEmMS wrote:Go scout and find out where they are going......need somebody to cut your steak too?

I believe he said hes been trying to follow them and see...meaning he has been scouting: no need for a smart a%^ response. Id be willing to bet half of you 3 year duck dynasty vets have even had some help along the way. The guy didn't ask for your honey hole or where you hunt just wondering what he can do to find where these ducks are going or if anybody could help. Ive been hunting for over 20 years and Im still trying to learn stuff.

on the other hand for some insight to your question: sounds like you might be watching some ducks that are migrating.
tigerinfielder3
hunter

Postby adamfiore00 » Mon Dec 02, 2013 4:33 pm

yeah that's common for that guy hes always like that and yeah we figured that cause they take the same flight down south towards coldwater and its big groups of like 500 or more in waves after waves
adamfiore00
hunter

Postby d_hunter12 » Mon Dec 02, 2013 9:30 pm

I'm not 100% on this but is bet most of those high migrators are on the different Ducks Unlimited impoundments throughout the delta. They just sit around all day and stuff their fat asses on rice and corn and never get up. Thanks DU.
d_hunter12
hunter

Postby CutEmMS » Fri Dec 13, 2013 10:07 pm

I had no clue who a Duck Commander was back when I started hunting. Quite frankly didn't give a crap either. Lol. If you wanna help the guy then why don't you go help him find them. I guarantee you he's setting at the damn mudhole or something saying "wonder where dem dere ducks are going?" Here's some input they are probably heading somewhere you can't hunt. Here's why.....public land is being devoured by a ton of so called "duck dynasty's" or earlier know as yahoos. As long as idiots are disrespecting their fellow hunters and educating birds then Public hunting will never be any good. Those huge groups you see are going somewhere away from highballing sky busting idiots and going somewhere that they can provide their bodies with carbohydrates and other necessary nutrients for their trip down the flyway. :thumbsup:
CutEmMS
hunter

Postby CutEmMS » Fri Dec 13, 2013 10:14 pm

d_hunter12 wrote:I'm not 100% on this but is bet most of those high migrators are on the different Ducks Unlimited impoundments throughout the delta. They just sit around all day and stuff their fat asses on rice and corn and never get up. Thanks DU.

I disagree, Ducks Unlimited doesn't do crap. Look at all of these WMA's they have their name and logo all over...they Suck and are poorly managed. Ducks Unlimited is all about big banquets and truck decals... So like you said, thanks DU.
CutEmMS
hunter

Postby Park Duck » Thu Dec 19, 2013 12:23 pm

ASKEW That's where they are all going or howard miller.
Park Duck
hunter

Postby CecilWoodie » Sun Dec 22, 2013 6:52 pm

Just got back from my lease in Brazil, just south of O'Keefe. Hunted Fri.,Sat.,Sun mornings and had ZERO birds remotely interested in working our spread; or anyone else's for that matter(I saw and heard plenty of sky-busting at geese and kamikaze ducks but little shooting otherwise).

Relative to 2 wks ago, there were very few ducks in the area. And, those that were there were wearing their O2 masks. I think the initial cold front a couple weeks ago brought a solid early season migration with it, but since then most ducks have moved further south. This recent warm spell has not helped our cause and I won't be going back until the cold weather is here to stay.

There are some large groups of ducks here and there but they are all congregating in a few holes that are never hunted and/or are unleased. Frustrating to say the least. I think this weather has em' scattered pretty good.
scout, scout, scout.... fail.....scout some more
CecilWoodie
hunter

Return to Mississippi Duck Hunting