Mahannah WMA- Open Invitation

Duck hunting in Mississippi is like no other. Learn why Mississippi Delta duck hunting is what we like to do best.

Moderator: Cephous

Mahannah WMA- Open Invitation

Postby birdman07 » Sat Dec 15, 2007 2:39 pm

Hello fellow hunters....I have been drawn to hunt Mahannah on this upcoming weekend (Dec. 21-23). As I am sure most of you are aware that you are allowed to take up to three guests. However, I cannot fill all this spots. So far I only have one friend coming with me. We are both from Jackson, MS, but live in Oxford, MS. I have hunted Mahannah once two years ago, and didn't have much luck because we didn't really know what we were getting into over there. Anyways, I would like to extend an invitation to someone that knows the area fairly well. Only requirements: Over 21, decoys, atv, and dealing with my really great whinning hunt dog, so I really would rather someone just leave their dog at home. I am bringing 3.5 dozen decoys, but may want/need more and my own atv for my friend and me...If anyone is interested in coming along please pm me.

Thanks and hope to hear from you,
Adam
birdman07
hunter

Postby birdman07 » Sat Dec 15, 2007 3:57 pm

P.S. If you do not know the area but want to come and you are an experienced hunter. I will consider that also.
birdman07
hunter

Postby birdman07 » Sat Dec 15, 2007 10:08 pm

I really thought alot of people would be all over this...I can't believe no one is interested...this should be a great hunt, plus you don't have to sit around and wait for the lottery draw...its a guaranteed spot...Guaranteed! so come on...ill entertain all ideas...
birdman07
hunter

Postby redneck23ms » Sun Dec 16, 2007 3:47 pm

not many people check this board very often. but if you post this on ducksouth.com or the waterfowl section of the forums at mdwfp.com i'mn sure you'll get plenty of people then
shoot them in the face, they may be wearing body armor
redneck23ms
hunter

Postby birdman07 » Sun Dec 16, 2007 4:41 pm

thanks i post up the question there as well.
birdman07
hunter

Re: Mahannah WMA- Open Invitation

Postby HiltonJB » Sun Dec 18, 2011 7:37 pm

I have hunted mahannah several years ago, before it was draw hunt I believe.

Although I do not know the area well, I am an experienced hunter and would consider going this upcoming weekend.

What days, exactly, are you wanting to hunt?

Please email me directly- hiltonjohnb@hotmail.com

John Hilton, III
HiltonJB
Newb

Re: Mahannah WMA- Open Invitation

Postby Cephous » Mon Dec 19, 2011 3:32 pm

Talked to some guys over the weekend that had hunted over there. Said they couldn't get into the WMA due to backwater. Said they had to park across the levee on the preserve.
There's a reason it's called huntin' and fishin' instead of killin' and catchin'
Cephous
State Moderator

Return to Mississippi Duck Hunting