rice field hunting

Duck hunting in Mississippi is like no other. Learn why Mississippi Delta duck hunting is what we like to do best.

Moderator: Cephous

rice field hunting

Postby wink399 » Sat Jun 21, 2008 4:07 pm

hi. i have been making a living hunting ducks for 34 years. i know a few things about rice field hunting. if anybody has any question about louisiana hunting or rice fields please send me a email. i will try my best to answer them. or if you want to know about louisiana. hope to help other duck hunters. stay fired up. cut them all jack. :wink:
wink399
DHC Sponsor

Postby drake08 » Sat Oct 11, 2008 8:43 pm

i just got a new lease and it is a rice field thats going to be flooded iam putting in a pit blind next week do have any tips that could help this is the first year i have ever hunted a field in general
drake08
hunter

rice fields

Postby wink399 » Sun Oct 12, 2008 6:58 am

hi there. monday we are putting in 3 new blinds. on our blinds we have something call wings om them. pipes that are under the blind so we can but boards on them. 2 2bye12 and one2bye6 on each side. you dont wont your blind to come up. make sure its level. unless you want a little tilt in it so you can get the water out easy.now for were you want it. the going trend is to have your blind in a per. level. one that stays all year. that way you dont have to get in the water every morning to get to the blind. and you will still kill as many ducks. the way the field falls is the big thing on were you want to put the blind. always on the bottom part of the field. the sun is a big fact. to. i like mine to face north or west. but north is real cold. what ever your levels are running. dont want to shoot in the sun. remenber just becuse you found something that might be easyer or more comforable isnt that bad. decoys on both side of blinds . i like my mojos on the side i face. and alittle speck decoys to no snows. hope you have dog boxs with a chain loop so you can put a clip to hold the dog. places to put gun in blind and be safe. something else i nowuse mojo blind gily to brush my blind. i did it 3 years ago and i dont have to brush then ever again. look them up at mojo outdoors. any more question i will be happy to try to answers. good luck and be safe. get fired up the specks are rolling in. snows behind them 10 12 08. :thumbsup:
wink399
DHC Sponsor

Return to Mississippi Duck Hunting