Where Y'all At??

Duck hunting in Mississippi is like no other. Learn why Mississippi Delta duck hunting is what we like to do best.

Moderator: Cephous

Where Y'all At??

Postby Ducksbeus » Thu Sep 01, 2005 8:49 am

And how did ya fair in the storm?
Brother lost everything...Mommas high and dry...some friends are okey,but, homeless...other friends are still missing. Hope yall are okey :thumbsup: Prayers sent :yes: :yes: :yes:
"You get what you put in, and people get what they deserve" Hank Jr. and Kid Rock
Ducksbeus
hunter

Postby Cephous » Wed Sep 07, 2005 10:32 am

Lost some things in the Jackson area. My parents live in the Delta and lost a 60 foot shed that had the duck boat and things under it. Dad was standinig under it when it went and took 6 poles out of the ground with it. Lots of tense hours before it passed.
There's a reason it's called huntin' and fishin' instead of killin' and catchin'
Cephous
State Moderator

Postby Greenhead fan » Fri Sep 16, 2005 8:29 pm

Cephous, That shed has held up a long time. I guess I will have to stop telling Hil that the holes are deep enough.
IT AIN'T BRAGGIN IF YOU CAN DO IT!
Greenhead fan
hunter

Postby Cephous » Mon Sep 19, 2005 8:00 am

Shag always says the problem isn't holding them up but down. Couldn't believe it snatched those poles straight out of the ground like that. Didn't even mess the holes up. They looked like they had been freshly dug for the poles to be set.
There's a reason it's called huntin' and fishin' instead of killin' and catchin'
Cephous
State Moderator

Postby IBBoykin » Wed Sep 21, 2005 12:44 pm

Here in Oxford, we were very lucky. We had some mighty strong winds. There were trees down, but of the ones I saw, most of them were growing on a hillside and did not have as much support as those on flat ground.
We were very fortunate.
Breeding and Training Boykin Spaniels, a True American Gundog
IBBoykin
hunter

Postby redneck23ms » Thu Nov 03, 2005 7:03 pm

i live in ocean springs here on the coast. we got flooded by 7 foot of water in the house. it sucks but nothin to do now but deal with it
shoot them in the face, they may be wearing body armor
redneck23ms
hunter

Postby Ducksbeus » Fri Nov 04, 2005 6:50 am

I lived in Ocean Springs for about 12 years...momma had just moved up off Washington, and, faired great...My brother in Porteux Bay had a 10' water line in his house...We are very thankfull that we moved up here a couple years ago....Y'all stay safe :cool: :cool: :cool:
"You get what you put in, and people get what they deserve" Hank Jr. and Kid Rock
Ducksbeus
hunter

Return to Mississippi Duck Hunting