Mack's Prairie Wings' Fall Festival

Duck hunting in Mississippi is like no other. Learn why Mississippi Delta duck hunting is what we like to do best.

Moderator: Cephous

Mack's Prairie Wings' Fall Festival

Postby IBBoykin » Tue Sep 27, 2005 1:02 pm

I went over this past Saturday to Stuttgart for Mack's Annual Fall Festival. It was a blast. I apparently beat the storm and left before it hit. From what I hear it blew their huge tents over and all the outdoor display stuff got soaked.
Other than that, I had a blast. Went by the dog seminar, was not impressed with those guys they called pros at all. SSDD, if you know what I mean. They had a great skeet range set up and it was $5 for 5 station shooting. You got a single and two doubles at each station and they supplied the gun and ammo.
I did take a block of Teak Wood to RNT for them to make me a new call. Should be ready in a couple of weeks. They said that they had never made one out of teak before, will be interesting to see how it turns out.
I did buy a new call while I was there. Met the owner of the company
Kwack Wacker. They make some absolutely beautiful and great sounding calls.
Overall, it was great and I will go back next year, but with more money.
Breeding and Training Boykin Spaniels, a True American Gundog
IBBoykin
hunter

Postby Greenhead fan » Tue Oct 11, 2005 10:40 pm

Boykin, If you liked the fall festival you should get over in Nov. for the Wings over the Prairie fest. They have about the same deal at Macks, plus Main ST. in Stuttgart is blocked for the weekend for tent vendors and The Main stage for the World Duck Calling Championships. If you enjoyed meeting the kwack wacker you would love this. One big tent has nothing but calls and their makers. If you are like me leave the credit card at home and take only what you plan to spend before you get their. Last year I went for a wood call and left w/ it and another Gaston acrylic. I guess I have a sickness.
IT AIN'T BRAGGIN IF YOU CAN DO IT!
Greenhead fan
hunter

Postby IBBoykin » Wed Oct 12, 2005 3:36 pm

I just got the Teak Call in from RNT. Their work is fabulous, but the wood is gorgeous. It sounds fantastic. So much so that several friends are wanting one.
Breeding and Training Boykin Spaniels, a True American Gundog
IBBoykin
hunter

Return to Mississippi Duck Hunting