In college at Ole Miss

Duck hunting in Mississippi is like no other. Learn why Mississippi Delta duck hunting is what we like to do best.

Moderator: Cephous

In college at Ole Miss

Postby RebelFan » Mon Mar 02, 2009 3:41 pm

Hi everyone, my name is Lewis Coleman and I am originally from Fl.I’m new to the web site and Mississippi. In fact this is my second semester here and I am living in the dorms (terrible) No gun, car, or good food (except for Sundays when my friends and I go to Old Taylor Grocery). I just wanted to introduce myself. I am looking forward to some good hunts here. P.s. might need some help finding some hunting areas; I know some general info about the WMA’s via: internet.
RebelFan
hunter

Re: In college at Ole Miss

Postby Cephous » Fri Mar 13, 2009 11:04 am

:welcome: to the MS forum.
There's a reason it's called huntin' and fishin' instead of killin' and catchin'
Cephous
State Moderator

Postby ducman77 » Fri Mar 13, 2009 10:35 pm

:welcome:
DRAKE WATERFOWL SYSTEMS
ducman77
hunter

Postby IBBoykin » Mon Jun 01, 2009 9:41 am

If you do not have a dog, then O'Keefe is your best bet. Mainly flooded rice and millet fields. There is some corp of engineer land here in the Oxford area, but if you do not have a dog, you will be waisting your time.
Breeding and Training Boykin Spaniels, a True American Gundog
IBBoykin
hunter

Postby Park Duck » Mon Jun 15, 2009 12:48 pm

Transfer to State.
Park Duck
hunter

Postby olrebel37 » Fri Jun 19, 2009 7:52 pm

Hey man.....I recently finished my time at Ole Miss last spring and have moved back down to the Jackson area. There are plenty of hunting opportunities in and around Oxford. Other than duck hunting, is there anything else that you like to hunt? I still have friends up there and return to visit from time to time. [i][u]You can have some success duck hunting in the Oxford area......ALOT MORE SUCCESS THAN THERE IS TO BE HAD OVER IN STARKVEGAS!!!!!! HOW FAR AWAY ARE THEY FROM THE MS FLYWAY????? And you are not that far from the delta, a thirty to forty minute ride west and you are there. I would be happy to answer any other questions you might have about places and all of that sort of stuff. Dorm life sucks but there are other options out there. Oh, don't just limit your dinning adventures Old Taylor Grocery.....try Ajax, Phillips Grocery (over by the hospital), Volta, Handy Andy, Co-op Deville....plenty of other places.
olrebel37
hunter

Postby ducks08 » Thu Jul 02, 2009 9:54 pm

hey man i'm starting school at ole miss this fall. we need to get together and go hunting. i know few spots but hope to learn alot more. I'm from Laurel and dont know nobody up there. looking to meet someone to hunt with me.
ducks08
hunter

Postby gearout » Fri Jul 24, 2009 7:27 pm

IBBoykin wrote:If you do not have a dog, then O'Keefe is your best bet. Mainly flooded rice and millet fields. There is some corp of engineer land here in the Oxford area, but if you do not have a dog, you will be waisting your time.

waste of time. average kill is less than 1 duck per person.
gearout
hunter

Postby RebelFan » Wed Jul 29, 2009 5:07 pm

If you do not have a dog, then O'Keefe is your best bet. Mainly flooded rice and millet fields. There is some corp of engineer land here in the Oxford area, but if you do not have a dog, you will be waisting your time.

No dog not allowed in the house. However my brother has a dog hes been trainin, and is tryin to buy a boat for nexy season so that kinda widens my options up a little. As for moving to Starkvill.... not happnen thanks for everything guys
RebelFan
hunter

Postby A-5_Guy » Sat Oct 03, 2009 9:41 pm

Back in the day...2002-2006 I used to drive out to Sardis and hunt deer on the Corps land. When the lake is low you can find a lot of birds working in the small holes. I don't know if it was exactly legal, but I got checked and they never said anything about it. I'm in the Marines now (down in flight school in FL and miss Ole Miss like a ****...enjoy it, it's the best time of your life!)
A-5_Guy
hunter

Return to Mississippi Duck Hunting