Public Land??????????

Duck hunting in Mississippi is like no other. Learn why Mississippi Delta duck hunting is what we like to do best.

Moderator: Cephous

Re: Public Land??????????

Postby MARSHTACKI » Sun Oct 23, 2011 7:20 pm

No one is interested huh?? More like I stepped on some toes, get out of those dang crocs and put your big boy boots on biotch!
MARSHTACKI
hunter

Postby echoboy07 » Mon Oct 24, 2011 6:37 pm

i would listen to just about every comment. there are alot of places to hunt however be ready to beat every swinging **** in every county wherever u go. If you go coldwater get there around 3 unless u wanna beat the crowd that saves the spot the nite b4 around 11pm. If you go to askew an hunt a field get there around 1am if you want a chance at a bird. I would say go w an outfitter there are 3 in tunica ms i believe beaver dam i personally think is the best but its around 350 an i wouldnt b surprised if its already booked. Public land i shot 30 ducks last yr 6 mallard 3 woodies 2 teal 4 gadwall rest spoonies. Your best bet find someone that kicked someone out of a club or needs a spot filled goodluck!!
echoboy07
hunter

Postby duckman27 » Mon Oct 24, 2011 6:49 pm

Public land in MS last year- only there for two weeks and killed 80 ducks and a goose. Didn't get out to the spot before 530 on any day and never had to deal with another hunter being in my spot
duckman27
hunter

Postby layoutchase » Mon Oct 31, 2011 2:34 pm

Anybody want to share whether or not Hillside NWR is a good bet for shovelers? Is this place overrun with yahoos? From North Carolina, but hunt near Benoit every year. I know the deal with cyber scouting...at least shoot me a pm...would do the same if anyone came to North Carolina...anyway, only looking to kill shovelers for the wall...not interested in the mallards. We don't get 'em on the seaboard!
It's mine...and full off errors and lies. Check it out, though!
http://northcarolinaduckhunting.blogspot.com/
layoutchase
hunter

Postby Ducknuts » Tue Nov 01, 2011 7:06 pm

Layoutchase: Why dont you put in for Pamlico Point. I had some friends hunt up there a couple of years ago and saw plenty of spoonies. I worked on the base down in Campe lejeune. Yes I'm in the military. If you get a chance to hook up with some of the locals in the finger counties up near the boarder of Virgina you will be in a lot better environment. The coast produces the bulk of the blue bill population for the east. If Virgina ices over they will all be down on New River and the Neuse. I dont mind telling you all this because these places use to be my old stomping grounds. You can kill Mallards in the Croatan. I have one on my wall. I'm in Mississippi now and came here just for the Mallards so I know your pulling your hair out. The reds and cans not geese are the Mallards on North Carolina Good luck.
I just love lots of quack in the bush!
Ducknuts
hunter

Postby Trip » Fri Nov 11, 2011 12:53 pm

MARSHTACKI wrote:What a bunch of posers, i bet trip has a du tatoo! They should sue him for false advertisement for being an ethical duck hunter!

:lol: :lol: :lol: :welcome:

I got plenty of tattoos but no duck head :fingerpt: . I'm one of the more ethical hunters I know but I don't go around giving out public hunting info to internet scouters on the web. That has nothing to do with being ethical. I have seen several guys that came in from out of state with their chest poked out and an "I'm a bada$$ attitude" go home with some empty straps and hurt feelings. Here's a couple pics for your keep your "**** skinners" busy until you make the trek west. Oh, all on public land :hi:

Trip
hunter

Postby CutEmMS » Fri Nov 11, 2011 2:38 pm

MARSHTACKI wrote:No one is interested huh?? More like I stepped on some toes, get out of those dang crocs and put your big boy boots on biotch!

Biotch? :huh: :huh: Ummm, do you have a vagina?
CutEmMS
hunter

Postby gon2sledge » Fri Nov 11, 2011 10:49 pm

im not on here 2 bash the guy bcuz he simply asked about a guide or public land, best thing since ur from out of state is book u a guide and start from there but , the bs that dude said ms dont have ducks is fkn nuts ms is known for ducks and has 1000s year after year! ummmmm does ms fly way ring a bell!!!!greenheads r like mosquitos down here n the ms delta. neways 2 the guy that was lookin for a guide check tunica they have a few and if u just want a blind and no guide for the day checkout duckholefarms.com
gon2sledge
hunter

Postby duckman27 » Sat Nov 12, 2011 8:04 pm

gon2sledge wrote:im not on here 2 bash the guy bcuz he simply asked about a guide or public land, best thing since ur from out of state is book u a guide and start from there but , the bs that dude said ms dont have ducks is fkn nuts ms is known for ducks and has 1000s year after year! ummmmm does ms fly way ring a bell!!!!greenheads r like mosquitos down here n the ms delta. neways 2 the guy that was lookin for a guide check tunica they have a few and if u just want a blind and no guide for the day checkout duckholefarms.com

Are you too lazy to spell out your words? :huh:
duckman27
hunter

Postby gon2sledge » Mon Nov 21, 2011 12:01 pm

very lazy!but at the end of the day i murder ducks on my land that i own n the ms delta....thanks 4 ur concerns
gon2sledge
hunter

Postby duckman27 » Mon Nov 21, 2011 8:20 pm

Good to hear
duckman27
hunter

Postby MARSHTACKI » Thu Dec 01, 2011 6:43 pm

All bowed up like a loud mouth pup, never been in a junkyard fight....
MARSHTACKI
hunter

Postby MARSHTACKI » Thu Dec 01, 2011 6:54 pm

Truth is Trip, anybody that vandilizes someone's ride aint much of a man.
MARSHTACKI
hunter

Postby kb7722 » Thu Dec 08, 2011 3:27 pm

Park Duck wrote:go to msducks.com and ask them they will help you out.

Yeah and be sure to ask about specific WMA's. :rolleyes:
kb7722
Newb

Postby j.cooper1444 » Thu Dec 15, 2011 12:13 am

Ridiculous! Hah! Go of into Bear Tail Bottoms. If that doesn't work try The mud hole, make sure you are out by noon! If you are down on a Fri, Sat, or Sun, go spend the night out in Askew and hope the birds even show up. My point is, I can tell them all day where to go, but it's not going to help them any. Get a guide. I'll volunteer. I'll take you on private land. $250 a day! In Tunica, MS. PM me and we will schedule it. It will have to be after Christmas.
j.cooper1444
hunter

Postby Red Huck » Tue Dec 25, 2012 11:50 am

Well finally coming to Ms will be hunting with some young guides out of Greenwood, Delta Hunts Dec.28,29. Any good places to eat around Greenwood?
Red Huck
hunter

Postby Gulfcoast » Tue Dec 25, 2012 12:51 pm

The Crystal Grill and Lusco's are excellent places to eat in Greenwood. Get there early on a weekend during duck season.
So many ducks, so little time . . .

HRCH Ellie Mae MH
Tipsy Puppy
Gulfcoast
hunter

Previous

Return to Mississippi Duck Hunting