Duck Hunting Forum banner

Looking for public water to hunt

9K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  IBBoykin 
#1 ·
is there any good public areas to hunt in the NE part of LA or the area of the Mississppi around Vicksburg or anywheres else in Mississippi...

me and my buds, poor college students, are avid duck hunters who are planning a trip out to either ARK, MISS, OR LA to kill some ducks...we have our own boats, which are go devil boats and one outboard tunnel hull, and we are looking for some public water that we can hunt....and kill ducks..enough for our trip to be worthwhile...

THANKS FOR YOUR HELP!!!

#2 ·
If you are willing to travel to northern MS, there are plenty of places to hunt around the reservoirs. You have the back waters of Sardis around hwy 7, or you can hunt the back part of Enid Reservoir. Always a lot of ducks there. The state also has lots of wildlife managment areas that are pretty good. If you would like some contact numbers for any of these places, or more info., feel free to contact me.

#3 ·
http://www.mdwfp.com/news/shownews.asp?ID=263

Here are descriptions of three lakes, all right together:
Eagle Lake, Chotard Lake, and Abermarle Lake. They all sit on the Mississippi/Louisiana line and would be reccommended that you hold a license for both states since if you cross the imaginary line, they will tag you with a ticket and send you packing. The link above has topo maps of all three lakes. good luck.
As to Sardis, I live in Lafayette county/Oxford and there is no backwaters to Sardis Res. They have the thing durn near dried up. I guess they sent all the water to the delta for farmers to flood their fields for the high dollar duck leases. Ain't no birds there anyway. As to Enid Lake, a few birds, but definately not worth a trip from georgia.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.