Thankyou, Army Corps Of Engineers

Main forum for general non waterfowl discussions as well as general duck hunting information about travel, rules and regulations, and other duck hunting info along with the general topics.

Moderators: Tealer, Indaswamp, Dep6, La. Hunter, steve-o, #1wingnut, lostpup, Preacher1011

Thankyou, Army Corps Of Engineers

Postby KCDuckMaster » Sun Oct 16, 2005 7:00 pm

I dont know what it is but maybe God doesn't want me hunting at this particular location. So two weeks ago I set up my blind where I'm going to hunt this year, and that night we get a ton of rain and the river level rose and washed my blind out into the middle of this back water behind a jetty. Luckly I didn't loose it and I was able to drag it back to shore and get it set in place again. So I came back this weekend to replace and patch up the camo, and I was going to move it back to the end of this jetty it was sitting on since I had rethought my setup. WELL I get to the spot and the Army Corps of Engineers had come by and cut the jetty. Now when they do this they cut about a 10yd section through the center. But about 2 years ago they came through and cut all of them but a couple. Well within the two weeks it was sitting out there the Corps came by can cut the jetty right where my blind was sitting, also they only cut one jetty they left the other full ones alone. So what luck is that? So the rest of the day I spent building a new blind, I should be done by next weekend. Luckly season doesn't open till 10/29 here.
If they weren’t meant to be eaten, then why are they made of meat?
KCDuckMaster
hunter

Postby gsphunter » Mon Oct 17, 2005 11:16 am

Jeeze, KC that's brutal. Can't wait for that opener to come even though I won't be hunting on the opener, it puts me closer to my first reservation. Good luck with the new blind.
gsphunter
hunter

Postby ol' yeller » Mon Oct 17, 2005 1:34 pm

You just gotta love the COE. :pissed:

They have screwed up more things in Arkansas than you can shake a stick at.
ol' yeller
hunter

Postby duckhuntingchat.com » Thu Oct 20, 2005 1:23 pm

ol' yeller wrote:You just gotta love the COE. :pissed:

They have screwed up more things in Arkansas than you can shake a stick at.

They really screw us up in North Dakota / South Dakota.

They're killing our $47 million outdoor industry to save a $7 million barging industry down south. If they drain the Missouri R. and Lake Sakakawea much more they claim it'll take 27 years to rebound.

It doesn't make sense but then again, when has anything the Corps. done made sense???

Okay, off my soapbox now....
duckhuntingchat.com
Site Admin

Postby gsphunter » Fri Oct 21, 2005 8:12 pm

I can't believe how low the MO River is around St. Louis. It's unbelievable. :pissed:
gsphunter
hunter

Return to The Honey Hole