Before and After!

Main forum for general non waterfowl discussions as well as general duck hunting information about travel, rules and regulations, and other duck hunting info along with the general topics.

Moderators: Tealer, Indaswamp, Dep6, La. Hunter, steve-o, #1wingnut, lostpup, Preacher1011

Before and After!

Postby WIDGEONATOR » Mon Oct 17, 2005 10:36 pm

The before and after effects of Di-hydrogen Monoxide!
........to be continued it's still flowing!
The new blind this year! The new guy still needs to invest in some deeks.
WIDGEONATOR
hunter

Postby gunman » Tue Oct 18, 2005 12:46 am

oooooooooooohhhhhh aaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhh
My goal in life is to be as good of a person my dog already thinks I am.
--------------------
Hunters are alot like Birdwatchers. Only after watching while, we start shooting!
gunman
hunter

Postby Mattquack » Tue Oct 18, 2005 9:26 am

That was beautiful, man. beautiful.
Mattquack
hunter

Postby Rat Creek » Tue Oct 18, 2005 10:04 am

Okay, don't ban the substance. :thumbsup:
Rat Creek
Rat Creek
hunter

Postby cinrds » Tue Oct 18, 2005 12:28 pm

WOW! It looks great. :thumbsup:

It would be great to know a year five years and ten years how the property is doing.
cinrds
hunter

Postby AlaskaRedneK » Tue Oct 18, 2005 8:04 pm

:eek: yikes.... that looks gooooood :mrgreen:

-Stouff
[b][size=14]REAL Trucks don't got Spark Plugs

"Hold the Shotguns.... Its hard to stear like this!"
AlaskaRedneK
hunter

Postby WIDGEONATOR » Tue Oct 18, 2005 8:07 pm

Thanks for the compliments, every compliment is a one day free hunting trip, one per customer, offer subject to change due to a limited quantity and availability of blinds, this a limited time offer.

On a more serious note, I am open to letting people come check out the club as potential hunting partners or renters. One person is easy to squeeze on, two can be more challenging. I would prefer just take out one person at a time that way I get to check them out.

Right now there are four sets of Double blinds on the club. The club is 50 acres. Next year I will probably put in another blind in the new pond. This year I have two new renters that both bought double blinds. We have always rotated blinds at the club, so people get to sit in the best hole even though they are all pretty good. The new renters specifically wanted their own blinds so the new blind isn't in the rotation and neither will the new one I put in next year.

The new renters pond has always been there, it just didn't flood properly. You can see the new levy, it is a really large pond, almost a third of the club. Even with the new levy it still barely floods half way. I might put in another levy or do some leveling next year.

Every year I try to make improvements. This year it was replacing leaky blinds $900 plus tractor, fixing the new levy, and $500 worth of gravel walkways so you don't slip and slid all the way to the blind, only half way now!
WIDGEONATOR
hunter

Postby Trois_beaux_canards » Wed Oct 19, 2005 11:26 am

Looks fantastic, work that magic widge!
Trois_beaux_canards
hunter

Postby chrispbrown27 » Thu Oct 20, 2005 12:56 am

I don't suppose you're looking for a pack mule for the club? I know one that's relatively young, plenty stupid, and pretty strong! He comes with his own shotgun, calls (which until he gets around someone who does know what they're doin he sounds pretty good), and a decent mess of decoys. He'll work for darn near nothing and will do darn near anything. LOL
Looks like a great set-up man. Have a great season!
Chris
chrispbrown27
hunter

Postby WIDGEONATOR » Thu Oct 20, 2005 9:16 am

I don't know where you would be driving from, but if you are willing to go to the Los Banos area then it's no problem. Oh, you don't need pack any deeks, those are out already. I still need to throw out the goose deeks, I don't put those out right away because the sun and water turn them green with algae before the geese get here. Anyone that helps pick deeks up after season is over is a super hero!
WIDGEONATOR
hunter

Postby WIDGEONATOR » Mon Oct 24, 2005 3:21 pm

HooooRaaaaay! It's duck season! Opener was pretty good this year as far as openers go. We have only had water on the club for about a week and half so it's hard to get a big bird population developed. Here are some pics.

We did pretty good, we shot 7 birds from my blind (1 widgeon, 2 teal, 3 spoondogs, and a ruddy). The guys in the other blinds both showed up a half an hour late. One guy shot a widgeon and a green head and the other guy got a teal and a widgeon. They would have done alot better if they showed up on time.

Sunday, I was the only one there, I shot a pintail and a hen mallard. I missed a some cinamon teals and a sprig earlier.
WIDGEONATOR
hunter

Postby HuntingWife » Mon Oct 24, 2005 5:11 pm

Widge, you're so pretty! I had no idea!

:getdown:

Seriously, it looks great!

:salude:
In God we trust, all others must show ID.
HuntingWife
hunter

Postby WIDGEONATOR » Mon Oct 24, 2005 5:14 pm

Thanks,

I thought I would post a pic of the Hero Hole, blind #2. The birds just die for it!
WIDGEONATOR
hunter

Postby Greg Wile » Mon Oct 24, 2005 6:01 pm

Looks like you have a good spot, all your work paid off. :cool:
Build memories, take a kid out doors and teach them about nature by interacting with it, hunting and fishing.

Learn from the past, don't dwell on it.
Greg Wile
hunter

Return to The Honey Hole