OK Fella's Finally got some pics of my Hunting Trip!!

Main forum for general non waterfowl discussions as well as general duck hunting information about travel, rules and regulations, and other duck hunting info along with the general topics.

Moderators: Tealer, Indaswamp, Dep6, lostpup, #1wingnut, steve-o, Preacher1011, La. Hunter

OK Fella's Finally got some pics of my Hunting Trip!!

Postby ACEBLDRS » Tue Oct 18, 2005 9:26 pm

Here I am all loaded up and ready to go. :getdown: I spent all day and part of the night before getting everything loaded up and ready to go.

I still can’t believe I fit all of this crap into my truck. :eek: Notice the platform I built in order to carry more stuff. It is kind of crazy that I packed all of this camping and hunting gear to drive almost 6 hours, stay 3 nights and we took home 17 ducks! :mrgreen:

This is a shot of what the refuge looked like that we were hunting at.

More scenery, this is one of 2 barns next to our camp site, I love looking at these old barns up against the beautiful back drop.

This is a pic of my hunting buddy Jake, we had just returned from our Friday morning scouting trip. In this pic Jake is a little shaken up, he was riding his bike on a levee and ran into a hole that he did not see. He ended up going ass over appetite and phudged up his shoulder and his knee. (Side note he went to the doc yesterday for that). I told him we should medicate as soon as possible. :salude:

Pic of Me and the Dawgs after Friday morning scouting.

A nice pic of camp. After our Friday morning scouting trip we set up this nice little home away form home. We dubbed it camp Gadwall after seeing so many on our scouting trip. But soon after the shooting started on Sat. We quickly changed the name to camp GREEN HEAD!!

This is a pic of my Refuge Hunting Transportation (RHT). I can carry way to much crap and get there in plenty of time.

Finally the reason we made the trip. The tailgate pic. If I remember correctly there is 12 ducks there. 8 Mallards, 1 Bull Sprig, 1 Gadwall and 2 Green wing Teal.
One of them Green Heads had some Bling on him. And of course Jake smoked him.
This was his first Band out of many years of hunting. Begrudgingly I was stoked for him.

Last but not least one dang tired DAWG, ACE!!

I didn’t get as many pics as I wanted to. I really wanted to get a pic of our little pond that we were in. We had a very nice layout, I believe we had around 6 ½ doz. Dekes out with a few Canada floaters. When I went to take pics the camera lens fogged over from the cold weather.

This was our second year in a row that Jake and I were able to make the trip up to hunt the North Eastern California opener. It is becoming a great tradition that I hope we will be able to carry on for years to come.
:thumbsup:
.....you've got to ask yourself a question: 'Do I feel lucky?' Well, do ya, punk?

Dirty Harry

Die' en ain't much of a livin' son.
ACEBLDRS
Spoon Bill hunter extraordinaire

Postby mmalino » Tue Oct 18, 2005 10:01 pm

Awesome!!
Team Rainmakers
"We supply eBay with the bands you buy"

Go White Sox!!...hell with baseball its football season
mmalino
hunter

Postby ACEBLDRS » Tue Oct 18, 2005 10:03 pm

OH, I forgot to mention. Stouff, all of that rope in the second pic is the thousands of yards that i carry around with me to get myself out of those holes that i get into while conversing with Hunting Wife. :mrgreen:
.....you've got to ask yourself a question: 'Do I feel lucky?' Well, do ya, punk?

Dirty Harry

ACEBLDRS

Postby ACEBLDRS » Tue Oct 18, 2005 10:03 pm

Sorry about the size of the pics guys and gals. :oops:

Dirty Harry

ACEBLDRS

Postby mmalino » Tue Oct 18, 2005 10:07 pm

haha, i like the RHT
Team Rainmakers
"We supply eBay with the bands you buy"

Go White Sox!!...hell with baseball its football season
mmalino
hunter

Postby AlaskaRedneK » Wed Oct 19, 2005 12:15 am

ACE,

man, im glad to see you finally got em up! :getdown:

Im stoked that you guys had a great time! :salude:

Keep 'em comin,
-Stouff
[b][size=14]REAL Trucks don't got Spark Plugs

"Hold the Shotguns.... Its hard to stear like this!"
AlaskaRedneK
hunter

Postby stalns » Wed Oct 19, 2005 12:29 am

Josh,

Time to shave!! :toofunny:
Shoot Straight!!!

Gary Stalions
stalns
hunter

Postby duckbum13 » Wed Oct 19, 2005 6:41 am

looks like you had i great time good for you
might as well start callin me the pit man
duckbum13
hunter

Postby JJ McGuire » Wed Oct 19, 2005 6:44 am

Great pictures!
JJ McGuire
hunter

Postby ol' yeller » Wed Oct 19, 2005 6:44 am

For some reason the pics of your truck had me humming the Beverly Hillbillies theme song. :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:
ol' yeller
hunter

Postby weedsnager » Wed Oct 19, 2005 7:00 am

reminded me of sanford and son :salude:
weedsnager
hunter

Postby brdprey » Wed Oct 19, 2005 8:08 am

:getdown: nice ........looks like fun
I do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, FORIEGN AND DOMESTIC;
brdprey
hunter

Postby ACEBLDRS » Wed Oct 19, 2005 8:23 am

ol' yeller wrote:For some reason the pics of your truck had me humming the Beverly Hillbillies theme song. :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

I was thinking the same thing all the while loading it up. :toofunny:

Dirty Harry

ACEBLDRS

Postby chrispbrown27 » Wed Oct 19, 2005 9:03 am

Looks like a good time. And thats so beautiful scenery.
chrispbrown27
hunter

Postby shrpshtr » Wed Oct 19, 2005 9:06 am

ACE, great stuff man! only 1 question...did you bring that porta-potty too?
Talk 'em into givin' up!

It's easier to get forgiveness than it is permission!
shrpshtr
hunter

Postby gsphunter » Wed Oct 19, 2005 11:24 am

Samson and son is right weedsnagger. That is great ACE, especially the BBQ pit to top it off.
gsphunter
hunter

Postby DROPDUX » Wed Oct 19, 2005 12:41 pm

what fuge is that? Thats up where we go camping--100 north of susanville between there and alturas. I've heard of some good duck hunting in modoc county
DROPDUX
hunter

Postby AK Ducks » Wed Oct 19, 2005 2:41 pm

Hey I love the RHT just wondering did you build it your self or did you buy it I think something like that would be great for where I live we bike 70% of the way to our spot and when I go hunting I don't like to leave anything behind.
thanks to the men and woman of the United States Coast Guard- without them I would not be here.
AK Ducks
hunter

Postby mallardman77 » Wed Oct 19, 2005 3:34 pm

Great pics ACE!

:salude:
Is it september the 8th yet???

mallardman77
hunter

Postby Itchy Coyote » Wed Oct 19, 2005 4:45 pm

Looks like you had lots of fun. It was better to have and not need it then to not have it. I just like to be a long with you. That is what hunting is all about getting the ducks and having fun doing it.
Itchy Coyote
State Moderator

Postby Trois_beaux_canards » Wed Oct 19, 2005 4:56 pm

Nice Ace! Thanks for posting!
Trois_beaux_canards
hunter

Postby gahunter » Wed Oct 19, 2005 5:50 pm

What's the point of going hunting/camping if you can't take 3 times more stuff than you will ever need. The packing and planning is almost as much fun as the trip. :thumbsup: Looks like y'all had a blast. :salude:
If the hunting is cold, luckily so is the beer!
gahunter
hunter

Postby ACEBLDRS » Wed Oct 19, 2005 8:56 pm

DROPDUX wrote:what fuge is that? Thats up where we go camping--100 north of susanville between there and alturas. I've heard of some good duck hunting in modoc county

Drops, the refuge is Ash Creek, it is by the town of bieber, if you look on a map you probably can’t find it. It is off of 299 about 45 miles east of Burny.

AK Ducks wrote:Hey I love the RHT just wondering did you build it your self or did you buy it I think something like that would be great for where I live we bike 70% of the way to our spot and when I go hunting I don't like to leave anything behind.

AK, I built everything on there except the sled with the dekes in it. The cart itself is just a 2x frame with wheelbarrow tires. A couple of eye screws and you can bungy down the sled. The bars that attach to my bike are ¾ electrical conduit. They were bent into the shape that I needed. The bend to get up to my bike was very long and thought out. If you would like a better look at it let me know and I will post up some pics of the setup. It took me a long time to finally figure out how to hook it to my bike.

josh

Dirty Harry

ACEBLDRS

Postby Snaph » Wed Oct 19, 2005 9:09 pm

Ace, great pics :thumbsup: But I have the same question as shrp. Where did that porta potty come from?
Snaph
hunter

Postby ACEBLDRS » Wed Oct 19, 2005 9:18 pm

Snaph wrote:Ace, great pics :thumbsup: But I have the same question as shrp. Where did that porta potty come from?

Guys I like to think that when i go on a trip that I am prepaired for anything , Loaded for Bear if you will. But I do have to admit, the porta potty was not my doing. That is provided by California DF&G.

you guys saw the clampit wagon where in the hell would i have fit that thing. :toofunny:

Dirty Harry

ACEBLDRS

Next

Return to The Honey Hole