Hunting buddys......

Main forum for general non waterfowl discussions as well as general duck hunting information about travel, rules and regulations, and other duck hunting info along with the general topics.

Moderators: Tealer, Indaswamp, Dep6, Preacher1011, steve-o, La. Hunter, lostpup, #1wingnut

Hunting buddys......

Postby duckhunter25 » Wed Oct 19, 2005 6:01 pm

:welcome: I have been shooting with groups of guys from all over since the season started :getdown: . This of course also includes the few times ive gotten out with my good hunting buddys :thumbsdown: . Its great and all but the other day I went shooting ducks with my 4 yr old lab Sammy :thumbsup: . It was just the pair of us setting up on a wooded pond about 10 miles from home. The shooting was great, I chose not to shoot black ducks so it made for an intresting morning. That day was the most relaxed shoot ive had in a long time :thumbsup: . I think its my favorite way to hunt, just me and my dog. After our limit was done we sat and drank coffee and water and watched the birds work the small pond. That to me was worth more than winning the lotto :toofunny: . So I guess my question is would you rather shoot with a group or alone with you best hunting buddy of all? I know Im taking Saturday morning off from guiding and doing it again. :salude:
duckhunter25
hunter

Postby Greg Wile » Wed Oct 19, 2005 6:10 pm

I enjoy both hunting with buddies or just me and my Dogs. They both have their good points. :cool:
Build memories, take a kid out doors and teach them about nature by interacting with it, hunting and fishing.

Learn from the past, don't dwell on it.
Greg Wile
hunter

Postby Smackaduck » Wed Oct 19, 2005 6:13 pm

I enjoy hunting by myself, but I would propably rather be with my hunting buddy so there is someone to share it with and vouch for me. :thumbsup:
Smackaduck
Super Moderator

Postby Cappy_TX » Wed Oct 19, 2005 6:16 pm

Here's why ...

He is my other eyes that can see above the clouds; my other ears that hear above the winds. He is the part of me that can reach out into the sea.

He has told me a thousand times over that I am his reason for being; by the way he rests against my leg; by the way he thumps his tail at my smallest smile; by the way he shows his hurt when I leave without taking him. (I think it makes him sick with worry when he is not along to care for me.)

When I am wrong, he is delighted to forgive. When I am angry, he clowns to make me smile. When I am happy, he is joy unbounded. When I am a fool, he ignores it. When I succeed, he brags.

Without him, I am only another man. With him, I am all-powerful. He is loyalty itself. He has taught me the meaning of devotion. With him, I know a secret comfort and a private peace.

He has brought me understanding where before I was ignorant. His head on my knee can heal my human hurts. His presence by my side is protection against my fears of dark and unknown things.

He has promised to wait for me... whenever... wherever - in case I need him. And I expect I will - as I always have. He is just my dog."

Gene Hill
Cappy and Remi aren't my whole life, they just made my life whole.
Cappy_TX
hunter

Postby kyfowler » Wed Oct 19, 2005 7:09 pm

I'd rather hunt with my dad and dog. We have had a lot of great memories together, and i need someone to vouch for me. The thing that i hate most about hunting with a more people is you don't get to shoot that much, expecially when there are noit many birds. one of our buddies seems to shoot at every duck that decoys, he is usually the first to shoot on everything. he always jumps up first, i just don't think thats right. i might sound greedy but i would like to kill birds to. so i guess i would rather hunt with my dad and dog than a lot of people.
kyfowler
hunter

Postby CLUTCHfan » Wed Oct 19, 2005 7:54 pm

My buddies don't like to hunt as much as I do, so I end up hunting by myself. If I only went when they wanted to go I would hunt half as much. I can't wait until next year when I'll be able to get my duck dog. It's always better hunting with a dog. Unfortunately my beagles aren't real big on retrieving.
TNAL45 wrote:I like my beer like I like my violence....Domestic.
CLUTCHfan
Former DHC Ball Buster

Location: Behind the facade of this innocent looking bookstore.

Postby Rat Creek » Thu Oct 20, 2005 8:19 am

Greg Wile wrote:I enjoy both hunting with buddies or just me and my Dogs. They both have their good points. :cool:

:withstupid:
Rat Creek
Rat Creek
hunter

Postby ol' yeller » Thu Oct 20, 2005 8:25 am

I love hunting with just myself and the dog. Those days are a lot more relaxed because I only have to worry about myself showing up late or moving too much or not hiding well enough. The dog enjoys it too because she gets a lot more attention. :thumbsup:
ol' yeller
hunter

Postby Take'em Now » Thu Oct 20, 2005 8:52 am

I mostly hunt with my dad and my dog. The major part of hunting with my dad , is the memories. Once someone passes on, you can remember the good days hunting together. Its not about the hunt, it is more about the time shared. You can spend a full day on a pond or in a field, and not shoot your gun once, but have a great day.being with someone you love. Hopefully my dad will be around long enough to share a hunt with one of his grandchildren.

Life is to short, make as many memories as you can.
Take'em Now
hunter

Postby AK Ducks » Thu Oct 20, 2005 2:35 pm

I like to hunt alone but hunting with your buddies is great too. we are always jokeing around and we always have a good time. but then agin when you hunt alone no ones there to see you miss :smile: . . . I mean I never miss :yes:
thanks to the men and woman of the United States Coast Guard- without them I would not be here.
AK Ducks
hunter

Return to The Honey Hole