Hunting Buddies? Not really.

Main forum for general non waterfowl discussions as well as general duck hunting information about travel, rules and regulations, and other duck hunting info along with the general topics.

Moderators: Tealer, Indaswamp, Dep6, La. Hunter, steve-o, #1wingnut, lostpup, Preacher1011

Hunting Buddies? Not really.

Postby Penguine » Thu Oct 20, 2005 8:29 am

Sad day when you have to send an email to your "friends" like the one I sent below:

Kyle, Tom, Shane, John, and Eric,

First let me say I am a bit pissed. When Youth Waterfowl Season started I went to Scheels and I purchased a pair of waders for my daughter so that she could go on her first duck hunt. Those waders were a size 9S (Stout). Somehow in the past 4½ weeks those waders have gone missing and in their place I have a size 8R. How do I know this? First, when she tried them on at Scheels I told the salesman that I wanted a 9S. The box in my basement from when I bought the waders has a nice big 9S on the side of it, and the cover says Stout. And finally I actually looked at the tag on the inside of the wader and the tag says 9S. I trusted each of you with my decoys, my robo duck, my waders, hell I even loaned out my gun on a couple occasions, but the fact that I can go from having a size 9S wader to having a size 8R and no one wants to fess up to the mistake frankly pisses me off. It is a sad day in hunting when one person all the sudden feels he should have to put his name and address on all his gear to make sure he gets his stuff back, I thought that went out the window when I graduated Kindergarten. Oh well, guess not. You know, not only am I out $100+ for the waders I purchased, I am out your trust. Sorry folks, I simply refuse to loan out any more of my gear. I will be getting the decoys and other things I have in Kyle’s truck out today and will not be loaning anything out again, please do not ask.

Thanks for your honesty, it gives me a warm feeling in my belly to know I can loan out my gear and get back what I loaned out. <-- That was meant to be sarcastic.

Pissed and unhappy,

Todd

FYI.. this is the email sent after those addressed in this one all claim to not have my second set of waders. Sad thing is Kyle and I are pretty sure who has em, but he refuses to let me look at his stuff (dead give away). If I would not lose stripes for beating his ass...
Penguine
hunter

Postby JJ McGuire » Thu Oct 20, 2005 10:23 am

That is a damn shame, it is so disappointing to find out someone is not who you thought they were and that they care so little.
JJ McGuire
hunter

Postby MattM1 » Thu Oct 20, 2005 10:46 am

Sorry to hear that penguine, and I know how you feal about not wanting to sacrifice rank for him. One thing I learned in the military is that when it comes to gear, personal or issue, you can not trust your comrades. It's funny how our lives depend on each other and most would sacrifice theirs to save their fellow brothers but they would also steal from you if they have the opportunity. They teach us not to lie, cheat or STEAL but too often there are those who "AQUIRE" from their own. I can only hope that someone can grow a pair and return your waders. One thing that seems to work is give them an opportunity to return them like an amnesty period.
TO THE GUNS TO THE GUNS!!!!!!
MattM1
hunter

Postby brdprey » Thu Oct 20, 2005 11:33 am

:thumbsup: now they know your side of the story. good, i quit lending due to the same thing. a man who isnt honest to himself or the world isnt a man. if they have to steal (inthis case switch) then they arent a friend. i back ya on this 100%.
I do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, FORIEGN AND DOMESTIC;
brdprey
hunter

Postby Penguine » Thu Oct 20, 2005 1:01 pm

I got an email response from Kyle, the guy I know does not have em. here is what he wrote:

Tom we all know you have them so I suggest you give them back, how do I know this? Your are the only person who has feet that small, and my waders are a 1000 gram. Johns are a different brand and so are Shanes. So I suggest If you want to hunt with us any more this season….you give them back. Its just a simple mix up so just give them back…

We shall see how this develops.
Penguine
hunter

Postby tstrong » Thu Oct 20, 2005 7:01 pm

Unfortunately even if he does give them back - things will never be the same. I go out of my way to do things for people - but when they don't help out when asked - I never ask them nor do anything for them again.
Some people don't get it. It's going to be awfully lonely in the blind for this guy.
tstrong
hunter

Postby shrpshtr » Thu Oct 20, 2005 9:23 pm

penguine, is this guy in the service also. if so, give his CO a call and i am sure he'll help you get to the bottom of it. it sounds like you need to write him off either way. good luck getting to the bottom of this...

let me add, thievery is bad enough...but to steal from a child, that is just spineless.
Talk 'em into givin' up!

It's easier to get forgiveness than it is permission!
shrpshtr
hunter

Postby lillusk3 » Thu Oct 20, 2005 9:33 pm

hey you think i could borrow your gun this weekend?
jk man.. i know how you feel though.. and i know sometimes when you loan out stuff it accidently gets mixed up.. but when you confront them.. about WADERS! it has the damn size on it.. thats a little low on their part..
If it flies, it dies!
lillusk3
hunter

Postby AlaskaRedneK » Thu Oct 20, 2005 11:07 pm

Damn, they wouldnt fess up over some stupid 100 dollar waders??? I guess we know what is more important to them when it comes to yer friendship or a couple of bucks.... :thumbsdown:

Sorry to hear that man,
-Stouff
[b][size=14]REAL Trucks don't got Spark Plugs

"Hold the Shotguns.... Its hard to stear like this!"
AlaskaRedneK
hunter

Postby gunman » Thu Oct 20, 2005 11:30 pm

I agree with stouff, kinda tells you were you stand.....good luck!
My goal in life is to be as good of a person my dog already thinks I am.
--------------------
Hunters are alot like Birdwatchers. Only after watching while, we start shooting!
gunman
hunter

Return to The Honey Hole