Interesting Morning.

Main forum for general non waterfowl discussions as well as general duck hunting information about travel, rules and regulations, and other duck hunting info along with the general topics.

Moderators: Tealer, Indaswamp, Dep6, steve-o, Preacher1011, La. Hunter, lostpup, #1wingnut

Interesting Morning.

Postby CLUTCHfan » Thu Oct 20, 2005 4:07 pm

While I was chasing down a cripple this morning, I saw a bird that I thought looked like a Brant. I was able to get pretty close to it and get a good look. I thought they were ocean birds, but I saw this one off of Lake Ontario. When I got home, I looked it up and thats definately what it was. Does anyone know if they are normally on the great lakes?
TNAL45 wrote:I like my beer like I like my violence....Domestic.
CLUTCHfan
Former DHC Ball Buster

Location: Behind the facade of this innocent looking bookstore.

Postby ISHOOTDIVERS » Thu Oct 20, 2005 5:54 pm

I am over on Erie in NW Ohio I now they are quite rare but have heard of some as far west as here, also I heard someone shot 2 on Sandusky Bay this year :eek: Have only saw 3 myself a few years ago stayed way outside the layout rig :thumbsdown:
Diver Hunters Do It In Big Waves!

Save A Seal, Club An Activist
ISHOOTDIVERS
hunter

Postby CLUTCHfan » Fri Oct 21, 2005 7:16 am

I was pretty sure they were in season, but not positive, so I didn't shoot it. I might have to go up there again pretty soon.
TNAL45 wrote:I like my beer like I like my violence....Domestic.
CLUTCHfan
Former DHC Ball Buster

Location: Behind the facade of this innocent looking bookstore.

Postby chrispbrown27 » Fri Oct 21, 2005 9:49 am

I read last year on a bird survey of Illinois that an old squaw was sighted just north of me. I also know a guy that swears he shot a harliquin one year on a small lake not far from here (on a side note, I really don't believe the guy). I guess anything is possible.
Chris
chrispbrown27
hunter

Return to The Honey Hole