ya'll just make me sick

Main forum for general non waterfowl discussions as well as general duck hunting information about travel, rules and regulations, and other duck hunting info along with the general topics.

Moderators: Tealer, Indaswamp, Dep6, steve-o, Preacher1011, lostpup, La. Hunter, #1wingnut

ya'll just make me sick

Postby openwaterhunter2 » Sun Oct 23, 2005 6:33 pm

:mrgreen: I hear some of ya'll sayin that your season is pretty much over (AK boys) and then I hear how some others are SMOKEIN em (cali boys) and down here in the friggin south our season don't open for another month :umm: . Oh well I'll be thanking bout ya'll around january :getdown: when we are blasting away and ya'll are trying not to freeze. :yes: :tounge:

Just kiddin... ya'll don't make me sick just jealous. :thumbsup: Good huntin and leave a few for seed. :salude:
openwaterhunter2
hunter

Postby Swamp Puppy » Sun Oct 23, 2005 6:46 pm

Cali boys are always smokin something....just a little north here in OR we're Killin' 'em!!!
Swamp Puppy
hunter

Postby AlaskaRedneK » Sun Oct 23, 2005 6:48 pm

Swamp Puppy wrote:Cali boys are always smokin something....just a little north here in OR we're Killin' 'em!!!

:toofunny:

Thats good...

And unfortunately ours is pretty much over... I MAY go out 1 more time, but thats about it.

Good Luck man! :salude:
-Stouff
[b][size=14]REAL Trucks don't got Spark Plugs

"Hold the Shotguns.... Its hard to stear like this!"
AlaskaRedneK
hunter

Postby caduckgunner » Sun Oct 23, 2005 7:13 pm

Don't worry about us Cali boys, well still be hunting in January :getdown:
Spoony sniper!
caduckgunner
hunter

Postby Mattquack » Sun Oct 23, 2005 10:54 pm

100 days straight! October through January. Love it or leave it. That's what I say. Then I'm thinking about Argentina in July with a limit that'll last a month here.

Ps. My poor ass is dreamin. It'll be years before I make it out of the country for a hunting trip. :toofunny: Until then, I'll just love our 100 day season. Gotta take the bad with the good. Our state is ran by a foreignor with a speech impediment that used to be a steroid freak, but our duck season is long. :thumbsup:
Mattquack
hunter

Postby Cupped-n-Committed » Mon Oct 24, 2005 6:08 am

Who's going to freeze in Tennesse? :umm:

Try hunting farther north on the winter. I remember duck hunting and January and missing a shot as My glove was frozen to the gun from holding it. :tounge:
"If you can't have fun doing it, it ain't worth doing, or you're just doing it wrong."

River hunting in my Wilderness Systems Kayaks; Commander 120 and Ride 135
My Blog archeryrob.wordpress.com Confessions of a fisherman, hunter and tinkerer
Cupped-n-Committed
Forum & State Moderator

Postby DROPDUX » Mon Oct 24, 2005 9:48 am

I'll be huntin in short sleeves in january!! :laughing:
DROPDUX
hunter

Postby mallardman77 » Mon Oct 24, 2005 4:11 pm

Season ends here Nov 30 and i plan on hunting till the bitter end. And by "bitter", I mean COLD!!! By the time the season ends there will be an inch or so of ice on the water to break through and we'll have to bundle up to keep as warm as possible. Temp around this time of year is about -15 C (5 deg) but can dip to.... let's just say damn cold!

But i'm still looking forward to it, I really want some trophies this year(greenheads!! :yes: )

:salude:
Is it september the 8th yet???

mallardman77
hunter

Postby AK Ducks » Mon Oct 24, 2005 6:02 pm

the season here in AK for ducks and geese in over 100 days (about 110) take that mattquack :tounge:, and our deer season is 4 months long oh yah by the way stouf we have over a month left in our season and you plan to go out only one more time. maybe should spend less time at the comp. and more time huntin. :laughing:
thanks to the men and woman of the United States Coast Guard- without them I would not be here.
AK Ducks
hunter

Postby Swamp Puppy » Mon Oct 24, 2005 7:13 pm

caduckgunner wrote:Don't worry about us Cali boys, well still be hunting in January :getdown:

me too baby!!!

:salude:
Swamp Puppy
hunter

Postby caduckgunner » Mon Oct 24, 2005 7:20 pm

AK Ducks wrote:the season here in AK for ducks and geese in over 100 days (about 110) take that mattquack :tounge:, and our deer season is 4 months long oh yah by the way stouf we have over a month left in our season and you plan to go out only one more time. maybe should spend less time at the comp. and more time huntin. :laughing:

All you had to say was "Ha ha, you live in Kalifornia" and we would be beat! :oops:
Spoony sniper!
caduckgunner
hunter

Postby greenster » Tue Oct 25, 2005 1:05 pm

24 Days 15hr 55min 27sec till shooting hours.
"Thomas Jefferson said I had a God-given right to pursue happiness. What makes me happy is to take a mallard's head smooth off at about 20 feet.

Lanyard: KM Custom Cut (hand),KM Cut red label Black Monster #1,RNT Timber hog,DS mondo,6n1 whistle
greenster
Forum & State Moderator

Postby Cephous » Wed Oct 26, 2005 11:02 am

It sure is a long time to 11/25
There's a reason it's called huntin' and fishin' instead of killin' and catchin'
Cephous
State Moderator

Postby kiwismakebetterhunters » Thu Oct 27, 2005 9:40 pm

Ya'll make me even sicker!!! Roll around May!!!!
New Zealand

kiwismakebetterhunters
hunter

Return to The Honey Hole