New duck hunter in Washington

Main forum for general non waterfowl discussions as well as general duck hunting information about travel, rules and regulations, and other duck hunting info along with the general topics.

Moderators: Tealer, Indaswamp, Dep6, lostpup, #1wingnut, Preacher1011, steve-o, La. Hunter

New duck hunter in Washington

Postby duckmaster » Mon Oct 24, 2005 12:06 am

Hello everyone, I just recently moved here from Michigan and have set out to conquer my share in Washingtons duck population. I did some scouting and have found several beaver floodings, all of which have massive amounts of ducks on them of several species. In michigan I killed only mallards and woodducks, thats all we had. Oct 22 marks the first day I hunted ducks in Washington, I set out at 6:00am to hunt one of my previous found floodings. As I crept up to my honey hole, unsure of how many orange feet awaited, I took a peak through the gangly brush and found to my amaze, no joke 500 ducks of all species. I layed my bead on 2 green heads and pulled the trigger. 1 shot 2 killed. The flooding turned into a tornado of color. I shot my next 2 shots into the wall of ducks with each shot a hole would appear and close back up. With three shots I had my limit 6 mallards, 1 wideon, 1 teal. I cant figure out how to attach an image If i knew how to I would.
duckmaster
hunter

Postby AlaskaRedneK » Mon Oct 24, 2005 12:48 am

Duckmaster, let me be the first to :welcome: you aboard!!

I hope you like it here, visit often, and most importantly Have fun!

And good luck this season :thumbsup:
-Stouff
[b][size=14]REAL Trucks don't got Spark Plugs

"Hold the Shotguns.... Its hard to stear like this!"
AlaskaRedneK
hunter

Postby Greg Wile » Mon Oct 24, 2005 2:42 am

:withstupid: :welcome: Enjoy the site!
Build memories, take a kid out doors and teach them about nature by interacting with it, hunting and fishing.

Learn from the past, don't dwell on it.
Greg Wile
hunter

Postby Geardown » Mon Oct 24, 2005 7:38 am

Welcome I am a michigan transplant, from the Traverse City area, and have been out here for 23 yrs but still call TC home shoot me a line. :welcome:
Geardown
hunter

gear down

Postby duckmaster » Mon Oct 24, 2005 2:37 pm

Hey there gear down im from the small town of Pittsford Michigan, like I said in my previous story just moved here and have found some hot spots. There is a spot south of you I have not checked out yet, if your down for some scoutin ill tell you where it is. Theres got to be ducks on it. Im sure of it.
duckmaster
hunter

Postby Geardown » Mon Oct 24, 2005 4:59 pm

Pm me and I will swap you some places that may help you out if you have a boat or we hook up and go.
Geardown
hunter

Return to The Honey Hole