Went on a fun, but unsuccesfull hunt today.

Main forum for general non waterfowl discussions as well as general duck hunting information about travel, rules and regulations, and other duck hunting info along with the general topics.

Moderators: Tealer, Indaswamp, Dep6, steve-o, Preacher1011, La. Hunter, lostpup, #1wingnut

Went on a fun, but unsuccesfull hunt today.

Postby ACEBLDRS » Fri Oct 28, 2005 5:25 pm

I went up to a friend of mines duck club today and did a guided hunt with him.

I hunted FishDog today. I had a great time out with Ben, even though the birds did not cooperate.

However, I did learn a lot about Ben today. For starters he has huge aspirations to become the person that names rodeo bulls. He knows a heck of a lot about chickens, especially “BIG” chickens. He did make some great calls today, check out the call below that he made around 10 O’clock.

He did pass on one little tid bit that a fellow Fuger gave him. “Sticking your PICKLE in the pickle slicer isn’t as bad as it sounds”

Even though I didn’t bag a bird today, Ben still made it a very enjoyable time for ACE and I.
.....you've got to ask yourself a question: 'Do I feel lucky?' Well, do ya, punk?

Dirty Harry

Die' en ain't much of a livin' son.
ACEBLDRS
Spoon Bill hunter extraordinaire

Postby bullet » Fri Oct 28, 2005 5:59 pm

Careful Josh, you don't want to shoot your nose off :laughing:
bullet
hunter

Postby Benelli Slinger » Fri Oct 28, 2005 5:59 pm

cool man, glad to hear ya had the chance to get out with some good people
Benelli Slinger
hunter

Postby Snaph » Fri Oct 28, 2005 6:17 pm

That dude looks crazy. He didn't talk to himself or anything did he?
I'm just kidding...well you shot as many ducks as I did. I took a few dekes for a walk in a new spot I wanted to check out. Had geese (that are out of season) fly right over my head...of course. But I leak checked my new chest waders. Good to go. Glad to hear you had a good time. maybe you can share some of your new found chicken knowledge with us some time. Like what came first... One thing I always wanted to know, do chickens deke easy? Or do you really have work them with the chicken call? Is it a good idea to place your chicken dekes across the road?
Ace you hold all the answers...lets us know.

:mrgreen:
Snaph
hunter

Postby AlaskaRedneK » Fri Oct 28, 2005 7:33 pm

Ha ha, thanks ACE....

Man, I think Snaph and yer guide there would git along great.. :toofunny:

J/K

:salude:
-Stouff
[b][size=14]REAL Trucks don't got Spark Plugs

"Hold the Shotguns.... Its hard to stear like this!"
AlaskaRedneK