About That Time....

Main forum for general non waterfowl discussions as well as general duck hunting information about travel, rules and regulations, and other duck hunting info along with the general topics.

Moderators: Tealer, Indaswamp, Dep6, lostpup, #1wingnut, steve-o, Preacher1011, La. Hunter

About That Time....

Postby Cache » Tue Nov 08, 2005 9:10 pm

We've got a week and a half til the opener in Arkansas. Problem is there is no water and few ducks. I've got a public hole spied with water but anticipate every tree will have a hunter standing next to it. No matter what I intend to be there and at least whack a Woodie or two. The skeeters and snakes will add to the excitement. The dog is sensing it coming and licking his chops.

Hope those that are already hunting are doing good and culling the spoonies before they get too far south. :toofunny:

Cache
Cache
hunter

Postby Park Duck » Tue Nov 08, 2005 9:17 pm

starts this weekend in La west side it's on till da break of dawn
Park Duck
hunter

Postby Smackaduck » Tue Nov 08, 2005 10:04 pm

:withstupid: Those mosquitos that the hurricane pushed up are vicous. :toofunny:
Smackaduck
Super Moderator

Postby Cache » Tue Nov 08, 2005 10:13 pm

Yeah I went out scouting my hole and thought I heard some whistling wings overhead, but looked up and it was a group of skeeters with their wings cupped and coming in.

Cache
Cache
hunter

Postby Admin2 » Wed Nov 09, 2005 9:38 am

That is nothing. I heard in the summer time in Canada that the skeeters are so big that the locals use them for target practice to help prime themselves for their opener. Doubles are expected, and often quads are common they are so thick.:mrgreen:

The Deputy riding shotgun
Admin2
hunter

Location: lurking around the corner keeping an eye out for trouble makers

Postby Greg Wile » Wed Nov 09, 2005 3:14 pm

Gotta watch the kids real close as the bigger skeeters will pick em up an carry the little one away. :laughing:
Build memories, take a kid out doors and teach them about nature by interacting with it, hunting and fishing.

Learn from the past, don't dwell on it.
Greg Wile
hunter

Postby Gooseboy » Wed Nov 09, 2005 4:02 pm

:toofunny:
The group ended up with 420 birds.

(\__/) This is my bunny. There
(='.'=) are many like him but this
(")_(")one is mine. Cut and paste the bunny into your signature to help the bunny gain world domination !
Gooseboy
Banned

Return to The Honey Hole