How many out for Pheasant?

Main forum for general non waterfowl discussions as well as general duck hunting information about travel, rules and regulations, and other duck hunting info along with the general topics.

Moderators: Tealer, Indaswamp, Dep6, Preacher1011, lostpup, La. Hunter, steve-o, #1wingnut

How many out for Pheasant?

Postby Riverjumper » Thu Nov 10, 2005 11:56 am

Kansas State Wildlife Dept is expecting over 100,000 hunters to be out this weekend for opening of pheasant. Just curious if other states are similiar.
Riverjumper
hunter

Postby Penguine » Thu Nov 10, 2005 11:59 am

I hear the Eastern part of South Dakota was packed. And to top it off the VP is here. hrmm.. Pheasent season opens and the VP comes to South Dakota... bet he is whackin and stackin em.
Penguine
hunter

Postby sdgr8wthnter » Thu Nov 10, 2005 1:45 pm

Pack was an understatement. I hunt in Brookings county and everywhere we drove you saw atleast 10 vehicles and 8 of them were out of staters. Which that doesn't bother me. But for the most part the oos were on public which had been walked probably a thousand times the week earlier. And then you hear them complaining about no birds, i just laughed. People if you ever come to SD, don't walk public, ask a farmer to walk private land. Only time to walk public is later in the year. Hope you guys have a good time this weekend and shoot straight.
sdgr8wthnter
State Moderator

Return to The Honey Hole