I have seen everything now!!!

Main forum for general non waterfowl discussions as well as general duck hunting information about travel, rules and regulations, and other duck hunting info along with the general topics.

Moderators: Tealer, Indaswamp, Dep6, steve-o, Preacher1011, lostpup, La. Hunter, #1wingnut

Postby Spencer5100 » Wed Nov 16, 2005 9:19 am

kcduckslayer wrote:Ace I am not looking for one. I saw a pic of one on the du web page. They have been around since the 1940's. They are still considered a chocolate lab. just like the other fella said about the genetics. Black was the original then yellow and chocolate. People with silver labs are no different then people with white or red labs.

o have a white lab, incredible hunting dog with an awesome personality
Spencer5100
hunter

Silver lab

Postby MicroMike » Thu Nov 17, 2005 2:36 pm

personally, I like the Black, Yellow, Chocolate labs, but if you get a good dog, then you get a good dog.

I wouldn't be throwing around the genetic mistake words though. It's known as genetic variation. There is not a single pure breed domestic dog in the world anywhere. I haven't done much research on the lab, but I'm guessing that it is the result of many different breeds that people found traits in that they liked..... Anyway, my chocolate is probably the smartest dog I've ever known, and I've had labs before (all of them black I might add). Like I said, sometimes you get that good dog. I know it's not my training ability. It sometimes makes me sad that someone that was a good trainer didn't end up with Rusty. I think he could have been a champion in the right hands. I console myself by know that Rusty is happy though.

BTW, Rusty is chocolate, his mother was black and his father was yellow. He's definitely not part of an inbread group.
MicroMike
hunter

Previous

Return to The Honey Hole