Heads up, migration predicted Central & MS flyways

Main forum for general non waterfowl discussions as well as general duck hunting information about travel, rules and regulations, and other duck hunting info along with the general topics.

Moderators: Tealer, Indaswamp, Dep6, Preacher1011, lostpup, La. Hunter, steve-o, #1wingnut

Postby ol' yeller » Wed Nov 16, 2005 5:42 pm

I know a lot have ended up in MO. A friend hunted OK this morning and said there were thousands of birds in this particular spot. Normally it doesn't hold more than a couple hundred.

I should have a report early Friday morning about how many are in our area.
ol' yeller
hunter

Postby Benelli Slinger » Wed Nov 16, 2005 6:56 pm

killing new mallards, geese are around now here in NE, tip of the iceburg
Benelli Slinger
hunter

Postby huntmq1 » Wed Nov 16, 2005 11:06 pm

Lots of fresh birds here in SW Missouri and our season isn't open yet!Can't even begin to tell you how many snows I've seen high up and heading south.
:salude:
Hey, did you grab the blind bag with the shells when we left the truck?
Safetys, use them: If you can see red, you can get dead!
huntmq1
hunter

Atlantic flyway

Postby Admin2 » Thu Nov 17, 2005 12:32 pm

The same weather system that pushed many ducks and geese out of the northern plains may also be pushing birds out of the North Eastern US area and the Maritimes and Eastern CA. So heads up as birds should be on the move. I bet the Chesepeake Bay area got fresh birds in. I heard cold/snow across MI, OH, IN. PA, NY, ON & QE CA, etc...

Also the fat lady has sung for N MN, ND, MB, SK. below zero temps across this area today. -20s in southern SK yesterday and the big water freezing up. Minimal #s for WI, S MN, SD, IA, & NE as most have headed south of there now.

The Deputy riding shotgun
Admin2
hunter

Location: lurking around the corner keeping an eye out for trouble makers

Postby Trois_beaux_canards » Thu Nov 17, 2005 2:30 pm

It is currently 17 F (-8 C) where I am, and I have seen only a very small fraction of the birds I saw yesterday. There are still some hold out Mallards, but there are certainly more Canada's. I can't speak for the southern portion of MN, but I think the fat lady may have sung for 2/3 or it. Even some of the bigger waters are freezing over south of the metro area.
Trois_beaux_canards
hunter

Previous

Return to The Honey Hole